Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds TV Schedule Announced

Reds TV Schedule Announced

I didn't see this posted anywhere. The Reds have to have the least amount of games on TV than anyone else,only 100 again this season. George Grande and Chris Welsh are back for their 14th season. That should please everyone.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/p...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds TV Schedule Announced

Hey, I'm glad there are at least 100. Back before SportsChannel and Fox Sports Network took over, only road games were televised, and only about 50 of those.

Still no indication as far as whether FS Ohio has decided to show Reds Games statewide now that the Indians have gone their own way. I must say, it's promising that the guide on Direct TV shows "Reds Week" on the FS Ohio schedule (in addition to FS Cincinnati).
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Baseball on the radio is the greatest thing in the world. I can't say I don't watch some games, but sometimes the back porch with the radio is better anyway.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I'm going to order the Extra Innings for MLB.TV . So I can sit on the porch or by my pool with my laptop and watch the games. At the same time I can multi-task and use chat function to talk to fellow redszoners. I also have XM radio for backup.

Anyone know what's going on in Toledo? Fox Sports Ohio seems to have disappeared from our cable lineup, anyone know if we're going to get any games up here?

Maybe they dropped them because the Indian games are gone?
    Go Gators!

I live in Indianapolis and there used to be a station (channel 99) that would show reds games. Last year for some reason they weren't showing the games anymore.

Does anyone in here know of a station that I can get these games on...without having satellite tv. I tried the MLB TV but black out rules apply...and I guess Indy is in the blackout area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Maybe they dropped them because the Indian games are gone?
    That's the possibility that scares me. Indians games always got preference, if the two were playing at the same time the Reds got bumped to a channel well down the list that shows home shopping 24 hours a day. Plus we get Fox Sports Detroit so we still have an FSN affiliate. I just hope we get the Reds games somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    That's the possibility that scares me. Indians games always got preference, if the two were playing at the same time the Reds got bumped to a channel well down the list that shows home shopping 24 hours a day. Plus we get Fox Sports Detroit so we still have an FSN affiliate. I just hope we get the Reds games somehow.
    If you get Fox Sports Detroit you are probably out of luck. They probably consider Toledo to be Tigers territory and those are the only games you will get.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Hey, I'm glad there are at least 100. Back before SportsChannel and Fox Sports Network took over, only road games were televised, and only about 50 of those.
    Ah, how I still miss the sounds of Gordy Coleman's flintless lighters between pitches....(chik, chik chik)
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I wish FSN would start broadcasting in HD...

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Ah, how I still miss the sounds of Gordy Coleman's flintless lighters between pitches....(chik, chik chik)
    I first started watching the Reds on TV in 1974. I think the announcers were Ken Coleman and Bill Brown, but I was eight at the time, so my memory may not be serving me correctly. I'm too lazy to look it up. At that time, we didn't have cable and couldn't pick up the Louisville station that carried the Reds games. So, I only saw the games when I was lucky enough to be at a friend's house who could get it, which wasn't often. We scored a UHF antenna in 1979 and I then got to see all the televised games. One of the announcers that year was Ray Lane. I don't remember the other one. The guy who called Pete's 4192 was named Ken Wilson, right?

I think the special thing about there being only 50 games or so a year on TV was that when they were on, it was a big deal. If they were on NBC's Saturday game or ABC's Monday Night Baseball, it was a REALLY big deal. With so many games on ESPN and FSN today, I think some of the excitement of a Reds game being on TV has been lost.
    Last edited by macro; 02-17-2006 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Baseball on the radio is the greatest thing in the world. I can't say I don't watch some games, but sometimes the back porch with the radio is better anyway.
    There is so much truth to that one statement, and it is true for any fan. I would have to say some of my fondest memories growing up was either just sitting out back listening to the game, or just playing ball with my dad while Marty and Joe called the game.
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    Anyone know what's going on in Toledo? Fox Sports Ohio seems to have disappeared from our cable lineup, anyone know if we're going to get any games up here?

i have directv and still have fox ohio up here. what cable company do you have? i know of buckeye and adelphi cable for the toledo area. i would be shocked if buckeye dropped fox ohio. you must remember that the blue jackets and cavs play on that channel as well. just because cleveland moved their games to another channel shouldn't change things. it is possible with how popular the detroit teams are in this area the cable company may not have wanted to pick up fox ohio anymore with the indians leaving the network. now it is interesting that buckeye did have both fox ohio and fox detroit. toledo is considered both cleveland and cincinnati territory for blackout rules. on the mlb package all reds games not picked up by fox ohio are blacked out. however no matter where detroit is playing i get all their games on the mlb package. considering i'm only 50 miles from detriot this makes no sense at all. someone last year had a site which showed the market areas for all mlb teams. some teams had 5 states for a market area. mlb and directv need to do a better job with this.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Turn Off Ads?