Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rick Ankiel

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Rick Ankiel

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    I understand, but you aren't going to get a shot at a guy like that for next to free. Ankiel, you may have a shot at for the price of a waiver claim and a roster spot.

I mean, what does it hurt if he takes the spot of Jacob Cruz or Chris Denorfia coming out of spring training? If he doesn't work, you can waive him later and bring one of those guys up.
    As much as we discuss players and how they fit here or there, we have to remember that they are people, not spare parts of machinery.

This guy is trying to salvage his baseball career. Leave him alone.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

After the Wily Mo fiasco (yes it was a fiasco having him turn us into a 24 man team for 1 year) I'm not in favor of just punting on a bench slot.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    As much as we discuss players and how they fit here or there, we have to remember that they are people, not spare parts of machinery.

This guy is trying to salvage his baseball career. Leave him alone.
    You have to be kidding me, right? This is a business. This is our biggest division rival. They are playing for the World Series and might have to waive the guy. He is a valuable prospect and we have a need. He is going to get as much or more playing time here as he would in STL. How is this hurting the guy, other than making him move?

If I'm Krivsky, I am not going to stop trying to improve my team in any way possible just because he feels good about the Cardinals organization.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    After the Wily Mo fiasco (yes it was a fiasco having him turn us into a 24 man team for 1 year) I'm not in favor of just punting on a bench slot.
    if anything was not a fiasco, it was Wily Mo

if any team can punt on a bench slot, or even several bench spots, in favor of a prospect, it's a bad team

should he become good, then by the time he's good, he'll be arbitration eligible and won't fit a small market team. But you can always trade him.

should he become good, then by the time he's good, he'll be arbitration eligible and won't fit a small market team
    Small market teams give out sizable LTCs to certain players, but they have to be judicious about who those players are.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Turn Off Ads?