Turn Off Ads?

Thread: To buy from scalpers?

Smw72

To buy from scalpers?

I tried for opening day tickets but had no luck like the past few years. What are the laws about buying tickets from scalpers? Do they have to sell the tickets at face value? Is it legal to buy from scalpers anywhere near the stadiums? I have never bought from scalpers and might do that this year for opening day if i have too.

--Scott

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: To buy from scalpers?

Go ebay, everthing about scalping is legal and they let them take you for as much as you will give. You will get a much better deal on ebay.

Actually, I get better deals from scalpers than eBay. You gotta know how to negotiate.

Scalping is legal in Cincinnati--as long as you have a vendor's liscense--you can sell the tix for as much as you can get for 'em.

I don't like buying tickets from scalpers once the gates open, even though the prices drops as game time nears. Since the tickets only get scanned, I don't feel confident that the ticket hasn't already been used. This could easily happen on bobblehead games when people come th get there sackful of bobbleheads and leave. I know that it happens, but is probably rare, but I won't buy from scalpers once the gates are open. There will be a lull on eBay in a couple weeks and prices will drop a little, but if I wamt to do something bad enough, I don't worry about the money.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Actually, I get better deals from scalpers than eBay. You gotta know how to negotiate.

Scalping is legal in Cincinnati--as long as you have a vendor's liscense--you can sell the tix for as much as you can get for 'em.

The only problem with negotiating is that you get a bunch of drunks on Opening Day that kill any chance you have. This happen to me a few years ago. It is usually easy to scalp so I just tried that for opening day and I got burned cause everytime you thought you had a scalper coming down some drunk would stumble up and offer whatever the scalper wanted.

I typically get much cheaper tickets on ebay than from scalpers.

Yes, scalping is legal in Cincinnati for any price the scalper can get, though it's often fairly easy to negotiate.

However, they can not scalp on GAB property, so don't expect to get tickets right outside the gate.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?