Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR - RUMOR: Kearns' possible destination

RUMOR - RUMOR: Kearns' possible destination

My source has heard this from one of HIS sources, so it is at least third hand....it is so iffy in terms of a RUMOR that I almost didn't post it......so some of you more informed may want to read no further....but here it is.

Apparently there is the framework of a deal in place, which is dependent upon the ST health of several players (who are not in the trade) that would have the Reds make a multi-player deal with an unknown AL West team.

The Reds would send Kearns, Homer Bailey and Edwin Encarnacion to this unidentified AL West team for a "difference maker" starting pitcher, a 2B prospect and a PTBNL.

I am not saying I like this or that it makes any sense, I am just passing along what my source told me.

Apparently, the two players on the Reds who have to show they are "healthy" are Paul Wilson and Eric Milton. My source says that someone very very high up in the Reds believes that if Wilson and Milton can show they can produce around 200 innings a piece, then this higher up person believes that adding a "difference maker" pitcher could make the Reds competitive (I hate that word).

The other part of this is that if Kearns is traded, Dunn will stay at 1B and Denorfia will become the starting RF.
    "Is there a problem officers?"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RUMOR - RUMOR: Kearns' possible destination

If true, for Kearns, Homer, and Edwin Encarnacion, the return had better be Rich Harden as the difference maker, Kevin Melillo as the 2B prospect...or else we get the bad end of the deal.

Or

Ervin Santana, Brandon Wood, and Dallas McPherson from the Angels.

You really need to stop. Not only is this not true, but any "rumor" that is "waiting" for the Reds to "see" if Wilson and Milton can pitch 200 innings is a load of..............

What about Bartolo Colon and Howie Kendrick along with the PTBNL? That seems like a possibility too.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    You really need to stop. Not only is this not true, but any "rumor" that is "waiting" for the Reds to "see" if Wilson and Milton can pitch 200 innings is a load of..............
    Exactly.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Good thought OBM...since I know little about the AL West (other than the Angels). My source's personal opinion was that the pitcher was Danny Haren (ex-Card starter) but he did not know that for sure.

I believe that the term "difference maker" was used because it isn't a true Ace like Harden.

It could be John Lackey from the Angels or Meche from the Mariners....just my thoughts.

I have no idea if it is true.....that's why they call it a rumor. I said I almost didn't post it because I had my doubts. Sorry if you don't like the info....I said early on, many of you might not want to even bother reading it.

I see nothing wrong with posting a rumor. It was clarified more than once that it likely untrue. This makes for good conversation while all of us are drooling over seeing Reds baseball again in a month and a half.

As for the rumor, not sure how I feel about it. But i've stated that if we get a true ace in our rotation, I would be satisfied.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by red-in-la
    Good thought OBM...since I know little about the AL West (other than the Angels). My source's personal opinion was that the pitcher was Danny Haren (ex-Card starter) but he did not know that for sure.

I believe that the term "difference maker" was used because it isn't a true Ace like Harden.

It could be John Lackey from the Angels or Meche from the Mariners....just my thoughts.
    Ugh, don't know if i'd give up that much for anybody on THAT list. But maybe I'm over valuing due to my Reds colored beer goggles.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by red-in-la

Lackey is a solid pitcher but not a difference maker. Meche has bene hurt a lot, and at this point is no better than what we got.

For our best pitching prospect(by default), Austin Kearns, and EE, I want either Harden, Haren, or Santana - along with Melillo or Kendrick/Wood. McPherson would have to be included in the deal if it involved the Angels.

The idea that EE would be involved in a deal makes me a bit squeamish.

That is, unless they're getting a SS in return and subsequently slide Felipe over to third.

That's probably not what Krivsky is (allegedly) considering though. If a trade happened we'd get to see a whole lot of Aurilia and Womack.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

I could see the Reds trading Kearns for pitching. Could even see trading Encarnacion for pitching. But trading Homer Bailey for pitching? Nah.:thumbdown
    "The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."
    Bob Lemon

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I have a feeling it would be Ervin Santana and Howie Kendrick. Just my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Worth The Wait

I'd much rather live with Womack and Aurilia with an actual "difference making" starting pitcher, then keep the status quo. Any deal that nets us ACTUAL above-average starting pitchers is a good deal.

I'm afraid of any deal like this
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?