Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR - RUMOR: Kearns' possible destination

Re: RUMOR - RUMOR: Kearns' possible destination

It all depends on the pitcher. I wouldn't do Encarnacion alone for Meche, let alone throw in Kearns and Bailey to add a 2B and a prospect. If it were a name top of the rotation stud like Harden or someone of similar potential, I'd go for it.

What if it's Zito and Meillo plus a PBTNL? Zito's certainly a name starter, but I'm a little gun-shy aroung him.

It would leave you with Freel/Aurilla at 3B, unless there's a late-signing FA out there that I'm not aware of. Maybe the Pirate's would do a Milton-for-Randa deal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The A's have an expensive 3rd sacker who has more than a few gold gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    With the exception of someone like Dunn, offense grows on trees. If you're not a total idiot, you can field a contending offense year in and year out.

Good lord, this sounds like a dream come true. Nevertheless, a dream.
    I disagree with this. You only feel it grows on trees because you are a Reds fans. You know Braves fans think good pitching grows on trees.

If offense grew on trees, the Astros would have dominated the world, and the Cubs would have made the playoffs.

I understand that the REDS could field a contending offense if we traded those guys, but even an ace-type pitcher wouldn't help this team be better than .500 if our offense falls back this year.

The Brewers had an average offense (16th in runs scored), and above average pitching (10th in ERA) and still were .500.

Sorry spitball, missed your mention of Zito. That was my thought too if this has legs.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 02-19-2006 at 06:40 PM.

I think the Angels are the only logical team for this rumor.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Not necessarily, Texas is possible.

Ian Kinsler and one of the DVD trio.(Danks, Volquez, and Diamond for those following at home)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They wouldn't be able to get EE back and they need offense like a the Reds do.

So the Reds give up their hottest commodity (Kearns), the best prospect to come out of their system recently (EE), and the top-rated prospect in the organization (Bailey) in a deal for one non-ace pitcher, a 2B prospect, and a PTBNL?

Sounds like your source is smoking crack.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'd love to see Howie Kendrick come to the Reds. I just don't see the Angels sacrificing a starter at this point. They're pretty thin there, and Colon is considered something of a question mark, health/conditioning-wise.
    The only team with in the AL West with spare pitching is Oakland.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

So the Reds give up their hottest commodity (Kearns), the best prospect to come out of their system recently (EE), and the top-rated prospect in the organization (Bailey) in a deal for one non-ace pitcher, a 2B prospect, and a PTBNL?
    I agree that it seems like someone's wishful thinking. I'm sure Krivsky can make a deal like this -- I just hope he's not that desperate to "make something happen."
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed

Ian Kinsler and one of the DVD trio.(Danks, Volquez, and Diamond for those following at home)

What SP do they Rangers have to offer who is a difference maker NOW?
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

no way, aint gonna happen

What SP do they Rangers have to offer who is a difference maker NOW?
    Do they still have Chan Ho?

Go Gators!

The Angels have one of the deepest systems in all of baseball. They are contenders. I just can't believe they would move a difference maker starter for youth.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

The A's have Eric Chavez. The Mariners have Adrian Beltre. The Rangers have Hank Blalock. I can't imagine Encarnacion's heading to any of those places.

The Angels just dealt for Edgardo Alfonso with Chone Figgins and Dallas McPherson as backup options and perhaps Brandon Wood coming as soon as 2007. Encarnacion to that division just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. At best it would be a case of a team bleeding the Reds for no real reason.

I doubt Krivsky, or anybody really, would put up with that. So that's a gaping hole off the jump.

The Rangers and and Mariners don't have much in the way of pitching to deal either.

r-i-l, I've got to agree with what others saying, this one sounds like wishful thinking on someone's part.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Turn Off Ads?