Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MVP 06: MLB for the PC - Livin' Large

MVP 06: MLB for the PC - Livin' Large

Here is a link where you can download an upgrade for MVP 2005 on PC to make it MVP 2006. This is nice for the PC users, but doesn't help us console players I'm afraid.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?nam...etails&id=2845
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MVP 06: MLB for the PC - Livin' Large

You console players will buy the officially licensed game and you'll like it

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    You console players will buy the officially licensed game and you'll like it

We'll see. I'm partial to EA's MVP game, and since there isn't one this year, I may not buy what's out there (MLB 2K6)
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    We'll see. I'm partial to EA's MVP game, and since there isn't one this year, I may not buy what's out there (MLB 2K6)
    MLB 2006: The Show for PS2 is your best option.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

This update to MVP 05 is awesome. I finished downloading and installing it this morning and I have to say these guys over at MVP Mods have outdone themselves. New uniform options for the Reds, GABP looks authentic with all of the correct ads in place instead of the cheesy EA ones, all new player faces for virtually everyone on the entire roster. Also, for those like me that enjoy playing the season with the authentic rosters, they have all of the big minor leaguers placed in their correct levels. Since the program optimizes rosters based on ability, you will have to do a little juggling around but all of the people are there except for Hatteberg. I can't wait for the final version of this which is due out around Opening Day. I am still amazed at what people can do with these games in terms of modifying and changing. A couple of the mods I have added to the game are putting in my own music and putting in the FSN overlay for gameplay.

Go Reds!!!

i have this also and it is awesome...not only have they done the majors roster but they have essentially all the minor leaguers

One other update, I juggled out the Reds roster and made it what I believe will be the opening day roster. I played Opening Day against the Cubs and it was Harang vs. Prior. Harang (or rather me, ) struggled with control and gave up a lot of hits. The new pitching meter is very small and makes pitching very difficult. The Cubs were leading 4-1 in the bottom of the 8th with the only Reds run on an opposite field Jr. homerun (#3 looks good on him). I had two guys on with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th and Junior came up huge with a single to make it 4-3. Then, in the bottom of the 9th, Dunn doubled and Wily Mo hit a long homerun to make it 5-5. Coffey pitched the 10th and gave up a solo shot to Aramis Ramirez (game is pretty realistic, right? ).

Then, with the Frische's Big Boy Big Play of the Game, Ken Griffey Jr. hit his second homerun with Lopez on base to give the Reds a 7-6 win. This game seemed a lot like the last Reds/Cubs Opening Day affair that closed out Cinergy a few years ago.

Some other thoughts, they added more realistic audio to the fireworks that sound much like the real ones. Also, the hitting is much more realistic. In MVP 05, I sometimes felt like I was either going to hit a homer or make an out. There were a lot more basehits and a wide variety of liners, pop flys, and grounders. It felt much like a real game. If you have MVP 05 on the computer, you have to get this update, it's great.

I just installed the update and WOW. Serious kudos to these folks.

The game feels so much different and it's all for the better. The players reflect the abilities of their real counterparts (i.e. Paul Wilson no longer throws 92-93). GABP has been updated and now has all the real ads on the outfield wall. The out of town scoreboard is there and the smokestacks are faithfully recreated. Uniforms were added and the defaults were given touchups. The reds really are RED now. The rosters are given a complete overhaul - all the way through the minor leagues. Take a look at Saratoga's roster and you'll see the mugshot of Homer Bailey. It's all there.

I played a quick game Reds vs. DRays and the boxscore looked suprisingly realistic. Paul Wilson went 6 innings giving up 4 runs (3 earned) on 10 hits and 1 walk. The Reds scored 8 on 15 hits - the biggest was Jason LaRue three run homer in the 7th, breaking a 4-4 tie. I would go on to add another insurance run and win 8-4.

Another observation. In the original game, it was nearly impossible to be walked because opposing pitchers rarely threw balls. The opposing pitchers are just as wild now and I was able to collect 3 walks.

Installation was easy but a little lengthy. It's a large download and the installer isn't fast, but it's worth the wait.

Overall opinion: This is a must have if you have MVP 2005 and don't want to shell down 50 bucks for this year's inferior product.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

WAGS

awesome i'll dl it tonight so i don't have to worry about hogged bandwidth lol

Does anyone know when the next online roster updates will be out for MVP 05 (for ps2)? I'm guessing late march but I'm not sure. I'm not excited about either MLB 2K6 or MLB 2006 The Show, and I'm not going to buy the PC version, so I figure I'll stay with MVP 05 and update all the rosters to kind of make it my own mlb version of MVP 06.

So If anyone knows when the newest roster updates will be available, please let me know when that date is. Thanks.

No one knows, eh?

Thanks for the link. I've been trying to decide what the heck to do this season for baseball.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    Does anyone know when the next online roster updates will be out for MVP 05 (for ps2)? I'm guessing late march but I'm not sure. I'm not excited about either MLB 2K6 or MLB 2006 The Show, and I'm not going to buy the PC version, so I figure I'll stay with MVP 05 and update all the rosters to kind of make it my own mlb version of MVP 06.

So If anyone knows when the newest roster updates will be available, please let me know when that date is. Thanks.
    Not too clear on it, but if my understanding of the MLB/2K Sports agreement is correct, there will be no roster updates or anything from EA Sports. The agreement gives all 3rd party MLB/MLBPA liscensing to 2K Sports. The only way SCEA Sports can release a liscensed MLB game is because they are 1st party.

I played all 3 last year, 989's MLB was far and away the best with MVP coming in next in gameplay but dead last in graphics. 2K's version wasn't bad and it gave a good ambiance of the game but too many bugs.

Early reviews of MLB 2006 the Show is even better this year than MLB 2006 was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    Not too clear on it, but if my understanding of the MLB/2K Sports agreement is correct, there will be no roster updates or anything from EA Sports. The agreement gives all 3rd party MLB/MLBPA liscensing to 2K Sports. The only way SCEA Sports can release a liscensed MLB game is because they are 1st party.

I played all 3 last year, 989's MLB was far and away the best with MVP coming in next in gameplay but dead last in graphics. 2K's version wasn't bad and it gave a good ambiance of the game but too many bugs.

Early reviews of MLB 2006 the Show is even better this year than MLB 2006 was last year.
    Damn that sucks. Thanks for helping me out RF75.

I guess I'll rent 2K6 and The Show to see how they are. But I'm still very upset that MVP is gone. Definately the best baseball game ever made to me. Those two games better impress me.

Turn Off Ads?