Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sopranos season 6: Your Predictions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sopranos season 6: Your Predictions

With the sixth and final season starting on March 12th, what is your prediction for the series finale?

Christopher whacking Tony perhap?
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Sopranos season 6: Your Predictions

http://www.qctimes.net/articles/2006...c608012544.txt

HBO scattering hints about 6th, final season of ‘The Sopranos’

Let “The Sopranos’ ” tease continue: HBO released some details of the March episodes for the show’s sixth and final season last week, but a rich imagination will be needed to fill in the blanks.

Which, of course, is the whole idea.

In the season premiere on March 12, Tony (James Gandolfini) and Uncle Junior (Dominic Chianese) go on a “backyard treasure hunt.” (Hmm.) In the March 19 episode (“Join the Club“), Tony goes to the West Coast but suffers from what HBO calls “a case of mistaken identity.”

Then, on March 26, Silvio (Steve Van Zandt) and Paulie (Tony Sirico) divide some spoils — the episode’s called “Mayham” (Hmmm.) — while Christopher (Michael Imperioli) turns to his old and battered buddy JT (Tim Daly) for some help in “a new venture.” (Hmmmm.)

And for those who may be wondering, all the regular old, familiar cast members — who have avoided the reaper — will be back, while some new guest stars include Hal Holbrook, Anthony “Treach” Criss, Ben Kingsley and Julianna Margulies.

And for those who may still be wondering whether the sixth could be followed by a seventh, HBO’s news release last week specifically said the upcoming season would be the last.
    My guess is, a ending without a real ending, it just ends...if you get my drift. I see an ending much like the 2nd season, just a montage with some eerie Sinatra in the background and fade to black. No one dies, it just lives on.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

FWIW - IMDB has all the episode names listed with many guest stars listed in each episode.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141842/episodes#season-6

Retired

They could go in so many directions, I could see any of the following:

- Uncle Junior dies, or they put him into Green Grove
    - Carmella is just with Tony for the money, Tony comes home one night and she's gone and the house is empty
    - Phil Leotardo, Johnny Sack, Christoper could all kill Tony in the end

Or, maybe, Carmella rats Tony out in the end and he goes to prision. Who knows, will be a good season for sure.

AJ is supposed to have a much, much larger role in this season's plot, FWIW.

There are actually more episodes than those listed in the IMDB page. The last season is supposed to break into 2 parts. They had previously announced 12 episodes starting March 12th. Then an additional 8 episodes are supposed to air starting January 2007.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I think Chris is getting whacked this year.

If Tony doesn't end up dead by the end of the series I'll be pretty severly disappointed.

GL

I'll bet AJ gets a lot of blood on his hands this season.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Yeah in the previews he's very visable, looks older and is runnning alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I wonder if he won't be the one to off Chris, his first ... him sort of seeing it as protecting his Dad.

GL

Yeah in the previews he's very visable, looks older and is runnning alot.
    One of the main themes of the show has always been the influence parents have on their children, so I imagine that idea will be featured pretty heavily in the last season.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Furio returns from Italy to cause some problems for Tony and Carmela...

Retired

They also haven't addressed that older guy, Ray Curio (sp?), who's been wearing a wire for the FBI for the last 2 seasons.

I could see Chistopher getting killed. Drea DeMateo (Adrianna) is signed on for this season even though her character was killed last season, I guess she's going to be in some dream sequences or something. I coulld see Chris falling back into heroin addiction and possibly OD'ing or killing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life

I could see Chistopher getting killed. Drea DeMateo (Adrianna) is signed on for this season even though her character was killed last season, I guess she's going to be in some dream sequences or something. I coulld see Chris falling back into heroin addiction and possibly OD'ing or killing himself.
    I didn't know that she was coming back this year. I like your scenario better than mine.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    I didn't know that she was coming back this year. I like your scenario better than mine.

GL
    Also remember they never actually showed her body.
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Turn Off Ads?