Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nascar Question for you Brainiacs

Nascar Question for you Brainiacs

Ok...so I am watching the 500 yesterday and the announcers were remarking how a 10 car train will catch up with a 5 car train, due to drafting, which makes sense. My question is...what if you filled the track with cars in a single file line at drafting distance all around the track (it would take hundreds and hundreds of cars) and they ran in order around the track...how much faster could they go. Lets say a 10 car pack goes around at 190 just as a benchmark...how fast could they get...just curious Feel free to make fun of the question as you like.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Nascar Question for you Brainiacs

With the new Fusion Approx 197.65 MPH
    With the Tauraus is was only roughly 196.75 MPG

GL

/jk, know little to nothing about NASCAR

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Is the train going to Chicago?
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Until their valves started floating or force takes them into the wall?

The restrictor plates on the carbs limit the speed, that's why the drafting (trains) is so important at the superspeedway's like Taledaga,Atlanta and Daytona. Everybody is running pretty much the same so aerodynamics and splittin' the wind are more important.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I think they could generate enough velocity to spin a tornado in the infield. Kind of like when you and a bunch of your friends were in an above ground pool and you ran or swam around the circumference of the pool and the force of the energy caused one of your buddies to slam into the aluminum ladder and break the pool....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I don't know, but I do know that if they held a NASCAR race in Australia, the cars would go the other way around the track. It's science!
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    With the Tauraus is was only roughly 196.75 MPG
    If the Taurus gets almost 200 miles per gallon, I'm going out and get one tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?