Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer request: GAC's house has burned down

Re: Prayer request: GAC's house has burned down

When GAC phoned me this morning, I was just about to leave for a court hearing in Charleston. As soon as I got back to my Huntington office, I immediately accessed this thread. I then phoned Greg, who was at Sears with his family buying clothes-they have literally lost virtually everything by way of material possessions, but they are okay physically.
    Greg was in relatively good spirits, considering the circumstances. He said he and his family will be staying with his brother tonight. He will try to get on a computer tonight and give everyone here an update.
    He wanted to thanks everyone for their good wishes and prayers. He said he had good insurance and that the insurer has been very prompt and attentive. I told him we want to help in any way we can. He then had to get off his phone to go eat lunch, assuming that his stomach, which he admitted had been in knots, will let him.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great to hear that he seems to be holdong up relatively well. This is so sad and unfortunate.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Thanks for the update RedsBaron
    Go Gators!

GAC, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I'm so glad you and your family are safe. You're in my thoughts. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Man, I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you, GAC, and I know that eventually, everything will be allright. If there is anything that I can do, or anything that you need, please give me an e-mail.

RB or 62, when you talk to Greg again, please let him know that if he needs anything, Bob and I can be in his area in an hour.

Hang in there Greg, I know you have already been through a lot with your health and your wife's health. You'll make it through this. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Sorry to hear this GAC - stay strong buddy!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

GAC, so terribly sorry for your loss. Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

3 Time CY Young winner

Prayers are with you

Wow. This is the kind of thing that puts it all in perspective. Give that family of yours an impossibly long hug, GAC. You're going to need them, and they're going to need you. I'll have you in my thoughts, friend.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I'm very sorry to hear about this, GAC. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

I just talked to GAC again. TeamMorris has agreed to coordinate donation efforts, and I have given her the name and address of GAC's brother.
    He is still in good spirits, on the surface, holding up for everyone else. He will try to post here later tonight.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

You are in my prayers Gac. I am glad you and your family are safe.

GAC

Just read this post...sorry for everything you lost but very grateful that you and your family are safe.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?