Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer request: GAC's house has burned down

Re: Prayer request: GAC's house has burned down

GAC, please let me know if there's anything at all you or your family need. Thank goodness your family is fine and my family's thoughts and prayers are with you.

If anyone has an address at which GAC and his family can receive mail, please PM me.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just spoke to him, and he sounded shaken and still in a state of shock. He thinks the water heater caused the blaze. His daughter heard the smoke detectors and got the kids out. Both parents apparently were at work.

The clothes on their backs are all they have left.

He has good insurance, it sounds like. They should put him in a hotel immediately and an apartment or bigger living space as soon as he finds one during the rebuilding process.

I tell everyone this. You really, really need to take a video camera and go through every room of your house, make a very, very slow pan of the room, open the closet doors, go very, very slow. His biggest aggravation now will be listing every single thing that was in that house in order to claim it on his insurance. If you're going by memory, you'll miss thousands of dollars in stuff you can claim.

And give the tape to someone else to keep, or it will burn with your stuff, God forbid you should have a fire.

I told him RedsBaron had a thread up, and he said thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Sorry to hear about this GAC.

Your in our Thoughts and prayers.

How old are the kids? I may have some cloths i could mail somewhere or something.. i dunno.. just let me know if theres any kind of donations that need to be given and i'll do what i can from here in So. Kentucky.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I just spoke to him, and he sounded shaken and still in a state of shock. He thinks the water heater caused the blaze. His daughter heard the smoke detectors and got the kids out. Both parents apparently were at work.

The clothes on their backs are all they have left.

He has good insurance, it sounds like. They should put him in a hotel immediately and an apartment or bigger living space as soon as he finds one during the rebuilding process.

I tell everyone this. You really, really need to take a video camera and go through every room of your house, make a very, very slow pan of the room, open the closet doors, go very, very slow. His biggest aggravation now will be listing every single thing that was in that house in order to claim it on his insurance. If you're going by memory, you'll miss thousands of dollars in stuff you can claim.

And give the tape to someone else to keep, or it will burn with your stuff, God forbid you should have a fire.

I told him RedsBaron had a thread up, and he said thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes.
    His daughter deserves a lot of praise, sounds like she saved the lives of her brothers and sisters.

For everyone at Redszone, please go home tonight and check the batteries in your smoke detectors, and if you don't have any detectors go buy some, they can save your life.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I don't know what to say. We will certainly pray. I don't have a lot of extra things since I went through a fire and a flood a few years ago and had to replace everything as well. I think I have some clothes I could part with, stuff that doesn't fit me anymore (I haven't missed many meals.) The things I miss the most are the pictures. Everything else can be replaced.

I'm so sorry to hear this GAC. Glad your family is OK.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Good Lord!! My most heartfelt condolences and prayers to you and your family GAC. Hang in there, we're here for you when you need us.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

You and your family have my prayers GAC..I'm so sorry to hear this happened.
    Go Gators!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

GAC- So sorry to hear about this. You are in my thoughts.

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    The things I miss the most are the pictures. Everything else can be replaced.
    Yes, pictures were my first though of things that can't be replaced. I am planning to put a disc or two together of what I have for him of our RZ gatherings and stuff. He always asked me if I would send them to him...I had many I never posted that he has (had) copies of. I think he would like it.

Everyone should get a hotmail or gmail account also. Now that they have HUGE storage, I always send myself copies of my digital pictures for just this type of reason. You never know what can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by goingpostal111
    That is terrible news, it plain sucks!

I would mention my prayers would be with you but that would make this a religious thread and such have to be shut down, so I will just say "Thinking of you"

PS. does that mean the "pray" emoticon must be banned too?

GP in Cincinnati
    You've GOT to be kidding me. Go postal somewhere else bud, this isn't the thread for it.:thumbdown
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Oh my goodness! I am so very sorry to read this. My prayers are with you and your family, GAC. With the spirit you exude here onredszone, I know you and your family will pull through this.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

GAC, I'm very shocked and saddened to hear this. Like everyone else said, let me know what I can do to help, and I'll do it. Money, donations, whatever. I don't have much, but I have more than I need, and I'd be happy to give what I can.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I'm sorry about this GAC! You and your family are you in my prayers
    Let's make some noise!

I learned about this earlier from TeamMorris so I've had some time to recover from the initital shock... but not the horror.

I am serious when I say that if you need a helping hand, please PM me.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?