Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request: GAC's house has burned down

Re: Prayer request: GAC's house has burned down

I emailed both of you, creek (aol) and GAC (yahoo and your other one).
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 02-24-2006 at 06:58 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

GAC, Don't forget to look for Energy Efficent Appliances, Heat/AC, water heater, etc Maybe even look into solar. They have a lot of new stuff on the market to save you fuel/eletric cost. Maybe even a tankless water heater. You're going to probably live in this house the rest of your life and by 2020 fuel/electric is going to be very expensive despite our leaders best effort to keep energy prices low.

And if you are a Dish/Directv or even computer network geek. Have the cable guys run extra cable through the house, even in places you think you'll never need it. With future technology, it will be good to have in the long run. Putting that stuff in after the house is built is a pain, especially with all the insulation they throw into houses nowadays.

I'm sure you are already thinking ahead of this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I'll help you rake!
    Just to lighten the mood a bit and I hope this doesn't insensitive, but

TeamBoone can rake! If she can field her position, maybe the Reds could start her at 2B this season.

Creek, I've sent you a PM for the e-mail addy.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Gac's pics: click on them to enlarge.
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 11-15-2007 at 10:40 AM.

In the insurance world, that is called a "grounder".

As in burned to the ground.

Hang tough, buddy.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I met my neighbor up there this morning, and we "salvaged" what we could that suruvived from the garage. I'd say I saved all of my power tools, work bench, and misc. items, which comprised about 5% of what was in that garage. Better then nothing though. I rented a storage place to put them in for now.

There was one plastic bin, with a snap-tight lid, that the firemen had thrown out into the driveway. I looked in it this morning and found the one photo album with the pics/autographs of misc. players from the BRM. Some of the them were damp/wet, but I think they are going to be OK. I've got them all laid out down here at my brother's house to dry out. So there is another plus.

My brother and wife are neighbors, and very good friends, with pitcher Rick White and his wife. My sister-in-law called Rick yesterday, and unbeknownst to me, asked if he could get Red's autographs for me. I've hugged the woman so much that my brother is getting jealous.

I got a package this morning from GIK. He sent me the latest Redszone T-shirt, along with a couple Ford racing T-shirts. And since I'm a Ford guy, they are much appreciated. Thanks Matt!

Site cleanup is our next big step. Since yesterday, I've met with 3 people and got estimates.... $7,000 to take it down to the footer from one.... 4,2000 from another to take it down to the foundation. The guy who gave me the 2nd estimate said that it really may not be necessary, by his visual inspection (he does this alot) to tear down all of the foundation; but just those isolated sections that look like the fire got to it. The rest he says looks really good.

This weekend, the wife is helping the kids get caught up on homework (back to school on Monday)... and we are working on our content lists, room by room. Thank God we weren't "pack rats" that had a house full of clutter and what-nots.

I have to go on Ebay or someplace to find out what my Sean Casey and M&J bobbleheads were worth (even though both were gifts from the ladies of Redszone).

Losing my personally autographed football by Bernie Kosar bums me out; but I'm a member of the website ran by his brother, so I'm gonna contact them.

But right now - get the site cleaned up.... and then a house erected to put this stuff IN.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-25-2006 at 01:54 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Nice to hear you have found a few things that were saved

I'm sure you can find another Kosar football, I mean..what else has he got to do now?
    Go Gators!

My brother and wife are neighbors, and very good friends, with pitcher Rick White and his wife. My sister-in-law called Rick yesterday, and unbeknownst to me, asked if he could get Red's autographs for me. I've hugged the woman so much that my brother is getting jealous.
    This made me laugh at you, GAC... for the first time since I heard of your personal tragedy.

Thank you.

PS... maybe he could get some extra autographs for friends, like maybe some extra Adam Dunn ones??? :
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Future Reds All Star

Hey GAC!

I know you are busy but do you think that your kids could put together a list of as many CD's that they can remember that they lost or might like? Many of us will try to help by burning them copies if we can/have them. This should help save you some money that you can spend on other things

Wow...there is no doubt this is a truly awful thing, but looking at those pictures, man is it lucky that everybody got out. That is a terrifying sight.

Hope the weekend has been a little better for you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Wow...haven't been to the non-baseball side for over a week, and OMG, I had no idea. Thank God you and your family are safe, Greg. The rest can be replaced.

Also, glad you are making it thru this horrible time. Your friends are there for you to lean on, so don't hesitate to ask for help...that is what we are here for.

As others have said, Christel and I are here if we can help in any way possible. Hang in there buddy and know that you have many people who want to help and have you in their prayers. Good luck and God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    Hey GAC!

I know you are busy but do you think that your kids could put together a list of as many CD's that they can remember that they lost or might like? Many of us will try to help by burning them copies if we can/have them. This should help save you some money that you can spend on other things
    Heh, I'd volunteer for CD burning duty, but I doubt I'd have much the kids are listening to today. You don't hear much Neil Finn or Depeche Mode pouring out of kid's stereos.

But, you never know...I do like Coldplay and Gorrilaz, they're quite popular, right? Right???
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

GAC,

I've got a number of old Reds games on tape that I'd be more than happy to copy to a DVD-R and send your way. I've got 2001-2005 Opening Day, Junior's 500th and many others. If you'd be interested in any of those I can get them out to you as soon as I can.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I talked to Greg last night. They found a house to rent, so things are starting to slowly normalize for them.

He sounded exhausted, but in good spirits.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I talked to Greg last night. They found a house to rent, so things are starting to slowly normalize for them.

He sounded exhausted, but in good spirits.
    Greg called me as well last night. He was definitely tired (he began the call by repeatedly asking for "Jeff"-my name isn't Jeff ), but he was in good spirits. He has been amazingly positive every time I've talked to him during this incident.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?