Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You Know You're From Cincinnati When...

Re: You Know You're From Cincinnati When...

We drove in from Bloomington to hit the slopes at Perfect's and decided to go to my parents' place up in Western Hills. I just had to stop in the drive through pony keg right at the state line on US 50; there is nothing cooler than buying beer and pretzels without leaving the car. My kids think it the shizzle, too.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Most recent offenders include Sparky, Seg and my Mom...
    And :lindner:

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    I also remember all the old timers, when I was a kid, pronouncing Cincinnati as Cincinnata.
    My grandparents still pronounce it like that all the time, my grandma especially.

Another one to add to the list:

You know you're from Cincinnati when you actually know how to spell Cincinnati.

There are two major political parties in your city and they are both republicans.
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

You think "cornhole" is a sport.
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Quote Originally Posted by alex trevino
    And a "chili hole" sounds like a good place to eat.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by alex trevino

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

My grandmother says Cincinnata and calls soft drinks sody. She's from eastern Kentucky though. I have an amusing story regarding the use of the word "please." I grew up in Georgetown, Ohio and I can't honestly recall many people using that out there, even though it's only 50 miles from Cincy. In 1993 I moved closer to the city and worked at a UDF for a few months as a second job. One night I was working behind the ice cream counter and a customer ordered a hot fudge sundae. I asked him if he wanted nuts and he said, "please". So I turned around and proceeded to sprinkle nuts on the sundae. When he saw me putting the nuts on he said, "Hey, I don't want nuts on my sundae." I replied, "But you said please." He just looked at me funny and then I remembered hearing it used that way in college and I made him another sundae. All along I just thought he was being polite.

You Know You're From Cincinnati When...
    You depend on your teams pitching staff to outperform their skill level to make the team competive.

Turn Off Ads?