Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh this is funny. Bowden offered Soriano to the Reds for...

Re: Oh this is funny. Bowden offered Soriano to the Reds for...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Pena for Soriano, with the Nats picking up half his salary.
    All of his salary and he agrees to move to the OF
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I still want to see Soriano tell Frank Robinson he's not playing OF. I'm guessing the response would be "Hey Guillen, pretend this guy is Mike Scioscia's desk."
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Can he pitch? I'd rather have Freel at 2nd.
    not only that, can he catch?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr
    Man this guy must have really thought DanO was an idiot.
    WOW, Jimbo must post at RedsZone, cause we all thought that he was one too.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Man this guy must have really thought DanO was an idiot.
    Of course he must have thought Kullman and "SPECIAL-K" were idiots as well to offer each of them the same deal.

Of course Pants always has put a pretty high value on his own thoughts and fashion sense.

When is his contract up?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I wonder who this speaks worse of, the Reds or Bowden.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I don't think it speaks badly of anyone. JimBo was trying to get the Reds to do a sucker deal and the Reds didn't bite. If I were JimBo I'd be trying to take advantage of anyone to make my team better. Who better to take advantage of than DanO?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

What does it say about Bowden when he continually asks the Reds to trade Soriano for Dunn and they obviously don't listen and are not interested in that one sided deal? Makes me think that other GMs have to think, "the idiot from Cincy/Washington is on the line..." whenever he calls. If this is the way he handled himself in the past you know he has made few friends in the industry.

This kind of stuff is one reason I like the Oakland front office. They admit to trying to make deals that help both teams not just one sided.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Who wants to bet the only reason Dan O didn't pull the trigger was that he already had Aurilia and Womack?

I'd rather have wily mo in the OF than Soriano. He may have his problems on D, but at least he tries. I don't want any attitudes like Soriano's any where near the clubhouse. I'm worried enough about a couple of guys as it stands.

What does it say about Bowden when he continually asks the Reds to trade Soriano for Dunn and they obviously don't listen and are not interested in that one sided deal? Makes me think that other GMs have to think, "the idiot from Cincy/Washington is on the line..." whenever he calls. If this is the way he handled himself in the past you know he has made few friends in the industry.

This kind of stuff is one reason I like the Oakland front office. They admit to trying to make deals that help both teams not just one sided.
    What it says about him is that he's persistant. I'm not a big fan of JimBo but you're not going to get Dunn in a trade unless you ask. You never know when you find someone stupid enough to do that deal. If they say no, what have you lost.

As for JimBo's popularity, if he's got a player some other team needs, he could be as popular as Hitler and they will do a deal with him. And don't give me that nonsense about Billy Beane being altruistic. He's out to make the best deal possible for the As and if it helps the other team, that's great. The difference between the two is that Beane has more talent to give up. And it's not like JimBo's got a history of making one-sided deals. He may be asking to make those kind of deals but when it comes down to actually consummating a trade, he hasn't been screwing teams lately.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    What it says about him is that he's persistant. I'm not a big fan of JimBo but you're not going to get Dunn in a trade unless you ask. You never know when you find someone stupid enough to do that deal. If they say no, what have you lost.

As for JimBo's popularity, if he's got a player some other team needs, he could be as popular as Hitler and they will do a deal with him. And don't give me that nonsense about Billy Beane being altruistic. He's out to make the best deal possible for the As and if it helps the other team, that's great. The difference between the two is that Beane has more talent to give up. And it's not like JimBo's got a history of making one-sided deals. He may be asking to make those kind of deals but when it comes down to actually consummating a trade, he hasn't been screwing teams lately.
    I'm sure that Billy Beane always tries to help his team (of course) but I also doubt he would call 3 different times to try to make what is clearly a one sided trade. I also have noticed that JimBo hasn't made many one sided trades lately. In fact I haven't noticed him making very many trades at all which could be due to no talent to trade or as some have suggested in the past JimBo has few friends in baseball....besides Peter Gammons.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

as quickly as Dan0 moved, he is still probably working on the deal, attempting to get Guzman in the deal, with the Reds parting with Dunn, FeLo and two players to be named later, along with 7 million in cash.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I still want to see Soriano tell Frank Robinson he's not playing OF. I'm guessing the response would be "Hey Guillen, pretend this guy is Mike Scioscia's desk."
    hee hee
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Can they televise that?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?