Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bergolla may start on disabled list (2/23)

Re: Bergolla may start on disabled list (2/23)

Aurilia doesn't play well for extended(like 4 or 5 years) periods of time. Where do suggest Freel play in the OF? He won't start over Griffey, Kearns, or Pena.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Freel will get a lot of time in the OF, just like Kearns and Pena got a lot of playing time last year, even when everyone in the OF was healthy.

I wouldn't mind Freel starting at 2b when Aurillia needs a day off, but I think Aurillia should get the majority of starts at 2b.

I like Freel too, but I think he plays better in the OF than 2b.

Quote Originally Posted by bottom_feeder
    Freel will get a lot of time in the OF, just like Kearns and Pena got a lot of playing time last year, even when everyone in the OF was healthy.

I wouldn't mind Freel starting at 2b when Aurillia needs a day off, but I think Aurillia should get the majority of starts at 2b.

I like Freel too, but I think he plays better in the OF than 2b.
    If Freel isn't starting, then the Reds don't have anyone to lead off except Lopez, and Lopez doesn't get on base nearly enough.

If, for whatever reason, Freel isn't the leadoff hitter, I go with the following

1. Kearns
    2. EddieE
    3. Dunn
    4. Junior
    5. Lopez
    6. WMP
    7. LaRue
    8. Aurillia

Any lineup I produce has Eddie hitting second, by the way. That's where I dig putting young hitters.

jwagenbach

These are Aurilia split stats. Seems to me he plays when the Reds are at home and he rides the bench when they are on the road.

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    Home 58 214 39 71 12 2 11 50 18 31 1 0 .332 .380 .561 .941
    Away 56 212 22 49 11 0 3 18 19 36 1 0 .231 .296 .325 .622

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    If Freel isn't starting, then the Reds don't have anyone to lead off except Lopez, and Lopez doesn't get on base nearly enough.

If, for whatever reason, Freel isn't the leadoff hitter, I go with the following

1. Kearns
    2. EddieE
    3. Dunn
    4. Junior
    5. Lopez
    6. WMP
    7. LaRue
    8. Aurillia

Any lineup I produce has Eddie hitting second, by the way. That's where I dig putting young hitters.
    Woah pass me waht you are smoking. No way I am batting Kearns and EE before Delipe. What is everyone's obsession with not badding Felipe high in the order?

And if Felipe doesn't get on base enough how does Kearns and EE?
    2005 OBP

Felipe .352
    Kearns .333
    EE .308

Your logic seems flawed. I can understand you wanting to bat EE 2nd if Freel isn't playing everyday because has no ceiling right now, but not Kearns.

2005 SB
    Felipe 15 (2nd on team)
    EE 3 (in limited playing time)
    Kearns 0

No way I am going with that lineup.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Thank god for Tony Womack.

Reds agreed to terms with 3B Edwin Encarnacion and RHP Mike Burns on one-year contracts.
    Encarnacion is set to go into the season as a starter, but he may not be a full-time player, as the Reds will seek ways to keep Rich Aurilia and Tony Womack involved. It'll probably be a temporary arrangement. By the time the Reds fall 15 games back in June, it should be obvious that wasting at-bats on Womack isn't a good idea. Feb. 25 - 3:15 am et
    BTW, we all know that you were only kidding, Redsland. We'd never confuse you with DanO.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/
    SARASOTA -- So now it turns out that William Bergolla does not have a hernia, as was previously thought to be the case. According to trainer Mark Mann, radiologists in both Cincinnati and Sarasota checked out Bergolla's MRI and couldn't find a hernia. That means the new diagnosis is a "high groin strain."

Speaking of potential injuries, Ken Griffey Jr. and Paul Wilson are stalking the complex right now with a paintball gun. That's Junior's newest hobby. I'm afraid, very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Woah pass me waht you are smoking. No way I am batting Kearns and EE before Delipe. What is everyone's obsession with not badding Felipe high in the order?

And if Felipe doesn't get on base enough how does Kearns and EE?
    2005 OBP

Felipe .352
    Kearns .333
    EE .308

Your logic seems flawed. I can understand you wanting to bat EE 2nd if Freel isn't playing everyday because has no ceiling right now, but not Kearns.

Career OBP
    Kearns .360
    Lopez .322

Both those career numbers include last year. Kearns has gotten on base much better then Lopez so far.

If the team was going to contend, I'd put Lopez in the two slot, but since they probably won't, I want EddieE getting as many PA's as possible. I'm more comfortable with Kearns on top.

And what is the treat for a "high groin strain"? How long will he be out?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?