Turn Off Ads?

Thread: When Griffey, Kearns, and Dunn sit AROUND the house...

When Griffey, Kearns, and Dunn sit AROUND the house...

...they look pretty darn svelte.

Judge for yourself, but from where I sit, the big guys are looking pretty trim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ak fit.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	3297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dunn fit.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	3298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	griff fit.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	3299  
    Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: When Griffey, Kearns, and Dunn sit AROUND the house...

Kearns' chin is smaller than it has been in years. Maybe he cut back on the pancakes this offseason.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

That looks like Kearns circa 2002. Those ears didn't get any smaller, either.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    That looks like Kearns circa 2002. Those ears didn't get any smaller, either.
    I was thinking the same thing. He didn't replace the jiggle with muscle either. That might bode well for his health and, if he's been running, you might see his footspeed return to 2002 levels as well (though it's something that requires work to get it back and Austin legitimately might have had other things to work on this offseason).
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Working fat off the ears is hard
    Go Gators!

Man would it be nice if Kearns could play CF.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I dont know if it can be done but I wonder what the Red's record has been when the three of them are in the lineup at the same time.

its cause kearns gained a wife that slapped him around for snacking and beer guzzling. He also took up chewing tobacco which upped his metabolic rate

Getting married probably ended alot of the partying and late night snacking that he and Dunner probably enjoyed in years passed.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

1/30/06
    Kearns maintaining focus
    Has had to deal with trade talk
    BY KEVIN KELLY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

NICHOLASVILLE, Ky. - A lot about the life of Austin Kearns has changed over the past four months.

He became a father. He got married. And for a time last week the Reds right fielder thought there might be some truth to the rumors of a possible trade.

"It was really like something was going to happen," Kearns said. "It was kind of weird because I had never been through that before. You hear about it, but you don't have any control over it."

A standing-room only crowd gathered at the Champions Sports Complex on Sunday to greet Kearns and other members of the Reds' Winter Caravan during its final stop. The Lexington native arrived at the event with wife, Abby, and the couple's son, Aubrey.

"Getting married and having a little boy, it changes everything," said Kearns.

"It definitely changes your sleeping pattern a bit, but it's been a lot of fun," Kearns said.

Kearns' wedding party Nov. 26 included Reds teammate Adam Dunn.

When Reds players report to spring training next month, Kearns will not be facing anywhere near the level of uncertainty he experienced last spring.

The Reds alleviated overcrowding in the outfield by trading Sean Casey to the Pirates. Dunn will move to first base with Wily Mo Peña taking over in left field.

"Austin is going to get a chance to play," Cincinnati manager Jerry Narron told the audience. "I believe in this guy. He's going to be in right field. I believe in him so much that I'm pretty much betting my job on him."

Kearns started 103 of a career-high 112 games played with the Reds last season, and avoided any trips to the disabled list for the first time in his major league career.

But the season wasn't without its obstacles.

The Reds optioned Kearns to Triple-A Louisville on June 12 after he batted .224 with six homers and 25 RBI through his first 51 games, including hitting .176 with runners in scoring position. He returned to Cincinnati on July 20, in better physical shape, and batted .253 with 12 homers and 42 RBI thereafter.

"My average was by no means where I want it to be," said Kearns, who batted .240 overall.

He's already hitting and throwing, and continues to adhere to a conditioning program assigned to him by the Reds.

The results are noticeable.

"I've dropped a few pounds," said Kearns, who was listed at 245 pounds last season. "I've been waiting all offseason for somebody to ask what I weigh. I was going to mess around and tell them that I weigh about 250, 260."

Reds interim general manager Brad Kullman reiterated Sunday evening the team now has no plans to trade Kearns.

That his name came up at all, Narron said, suggests something about him.

"Everybody in baseball has the idea that this guy is going to have a big year," Narron said. "If I was Austin, I wouldn't like hearing my name brought up about being traded. But the good thing about it is it means a lot of people in baseball like him. That part of it should be flattering."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...601300373/1071
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?