Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Knotts, star of "The Andy Griffith Show," dead at 81

Re: Don Knotts, star of "The Andy Griffith Show," dead at 81

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I loved The Incredible Mr. Limpet... even though it was animated. TM even named her beta Limpet.

You will be missed, Mr. Knotts.

me too.

Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

A very sad night indeed. RIP Mr. Knotts.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Rood Rye, Ron Rotts

Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

RIP Don Knotts. Barney Fife was one of the greatest sitcom characters of all time. I always loved watching the Andy Griffith Show. When the shows got to the point when Don Knotts had left the show there was noticable difference in quality and I didn't watch those. I feel as though an old friend has passed and will be missed very much.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

When I told my wife that Don Knotts had died, she asked if it was the guy from Three's Company.

She's never seen the Andy Griffith Show. I must fix that.

Funniest performer I've ever seen.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I'm very sad to hear this. The Andy Griffith Show is one of my all-time favorite shows and he was sensational in it. I've also seen most of his movies. He was a classic and brought me tons of laughs.

So long Don and thank you very much.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    When I told my wife that Don Knotts had died, she asked if it was the guy from Three's Company.

Check out TVLand; it's on all the time.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I think I'll look forsomething on tomorrrow with him in it. It'll be comforting.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor

Funniest performer I've ever seen.
    IMO The Andy Griffith Show may be the best show that was ever on TV. And Don Knotts was huge part of that. IMO Don was one of the top five tv actors of all time. I'll miss him.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I'm firing my one, single bullet in the air tonight in tribute for Jesse Donald Knotts. No finer comic actor made me laugh more.
    "The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. It reminds us of all that once was good and it could be again." -- Terence Mann in Field of Dreams

One of the greatest "character" actors I ever had the joy and opportunity to watch.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Check out TVLand; it's on all the time.

We don't have cable right now.

boo.

I was going to get the season sets on DVD anyway.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Good night Mr Furley.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Knotts was one of those few guys who could overact severely and it didn't matter, because it came off as authentic.

Bon voyage, Reluctant Astronaut.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

Barney Fife: A dog can't get struck by lightning. you know why? 'Cause he's too close to the ground. See, lightning strikes tall things. Now if they were giraffes out there in the field, now then we'd have trouble.

Boy, giraffes is selfish

I watch way too much Andy Griffith and think it's the best sitcom of all time. Don Knotts was a huge part of that and I will really miss him.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Turn Off Ads?