Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which school has the best NCAA coaching combo (football/basketball)?

Re: Which school has the best NCAA coaching combo (football/basketball)?

I'd like to nominate(sadly) WVU.

John Beilein in basketball and Rich Rodriguez in football. Both surpassed modest expectations. WVU isnt a big name program like Ohio St, but they definitely belong in the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Carroll's record at USC: 54-10 Tressel's at OSU: 52-13

Carroll did not win the national championship in 2003. The BCS determines the national champs. Carroll has the same number of BCS titles as Tressel.

Carroll's bowl record at USC is 3-2. Tressel's OSU bowl record is 4-1.

And the vest...It's a fashion statement
    The BCS website acknowledges that USC split the National Championship in 2003. It counts as a NC. Pete Carroll has two of them. Pete also has three Heismans. If you ask 10 people which coach they would take, eight would pick Carroll and the two Buckeyes would pick Tressel.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    The BCS website acknowledges that USC split the National Championship in 2003. It counts as a NC. Pete Carroll has two of them. Pete also has three Heismans. If you ask 10 people which coach they would take, eight would pick Carroll and the two Buckeyes would pick Tressel.
    Fun debate. Carroll's a GREAT coach. No doubt.

Gotta give you the Heisman thing...VERY impressive.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Fun debate. Carroll's a GREAT coach. No doubt.

Gotta give you the Heisman thing...VERY impressive.
    Thank You. I think Tressell is a great coach, not my favorite style...but a very good coach nonetheless.

I am looking forward to seeing these two storied programs hooking up in 2008 and 2009.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I'm still laughing at the guy in the article who included Karl Dorrell.
    You're not the only one.
    And to make matters worse, he lost OC Tom Cable to the NFL.

I'll nominate Pete Carroll and Tim Floyd.
    Good call. Looking at this objectively, there is no way that the UCLA duo should be ranked ahead of the USC duo. Heck, I'd rank Boston College-Skinner and O'Brien-ahead of UCLA.

I can't argue with either Texas or Ohio State as #1.

West Virginia: Are there two coaches doing more with less than Rich Rodriguez and John Beilein?
    No, but you can certainly present a strong case for Texas Tech's Mike Leach and Bob Knight.

Conversely, the two Michigan coaches are doing the least with the most, IMO.
    No offense to fans of the maize and blue.

Turn Off Ads?