Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Williams rips Frank Thomas a new one

Re: Kenny Williams rips Frank Thomas a new one

don't hate him for being a hedgehog. Hedgehogs win.

I've been clamoring for a hedgehog since the internet opened. One lousy, stinkin' hedgehog.

Instead, those sly foxes went out and built us a bandbox.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't see why some are defending Thomas. From all I've heard and read, he's been a primadonna jerk pretty much since coming to the bigs. I love it when these guys get called out. Thomas kept getting little barbs at the White Sox through the media and they finally had enough.

Did Kenny go a little too far? Maybe. But I'm glad he said what he said and I don't like the White Sox at all.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

I've heard he's a jerk too (mostly from Ozzie and K. Williams, but let's assume it's true for the sake of argument).

Still, I read Thomas' comments in the Daily Southtown, and they in no way justify Kenny bringing up some of the stuff he brought up.

In particular, I think it's classless to bring up that Reinsdorf lent Thomas money while he went through a divorce. That's a private matter, and a too low a blow.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Quote Originally Posted by princeton

I've been clamoring for a hedgehog since the internet opened. One lousy, stinkin' hedgehog.

I apologize for this major digression, but my favorite fox/hedgehog comparison deployed J. Brahms as the fox and Tchaikovsky as the hedgehog. Since I prefer Brahms compositions, I always liked the fox in this comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    In particular, I think it's classless to bring up that Reinsdorf lent Thomas money while he went through a divorce. That's a private matter, and a too low a blow.
    Yeah exactly, what's the point? looks like a jackass to bring stuff like that to light.
    Go Gators!

I have no idea what you are talking about. That may say more about me than it does about you but still.....
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I have no idea what you are talking about. That may say more about me than it does about you but still.....
    http://www.kheper.net/topics/typolog..._Hedgehog.html

now, if a hedgehog takes a complex system and greatly simplifies it, while a fox does many things pretty well... does that make DanO roadkill?

http://www.kheper.net/topics/typolog..._Hedgehog.html

now, if a hedgehog takes a complex system and greatly simplifies it, while a fox does many things pretty well... does that make DanO roadkill?
    Specifically possum roadkill.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

DanO was a hedgehog whose "simple solutions" were simply wrong. He had the drive; unfortunately, it was over a cliff.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 02-28-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I love it when these guys get called out.
    Yep, nothing classier than the guys doing the hiring ripping publically on the guys they hire.

Where I come from that's considered beneath the roles that management is supposed to portray.

Is it true?

Perhaps, but if it was my organization I would prefer that managment try and show a little class towards the players.

BTW as for the earlier steroids accusation floated out there... what a laugh, Frank has been HUGE forever and Frank Thomas killed the ball his whole career, mostly because he knew the strikezone. If Frank was on steroids you'd think he wouldn't have broken down so quick. It does a great disservice to the game to throw that bone at every departing player in the game and in my opinion and is nothing but a poor attempt at innuendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    DanO was a hedgehog whose "simple solutions" were simply wrong. He had the drive; unfortunately, it was over a cliff.
    So he was a lemming?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Yep, nothing classier than the guys doing the hiring ripping publically on the guys they hire.

Where I come from that's considered beneath the roles that management is supposed to portray.
    Yeah, someone has to be the adult here. That should have been Kenny.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

BTW as for the earlier steroids accusation floated out there... what a laugh, Frank has been HUGE forever and Frank Thomas killed the ball his whole career, mostly because he knew the strikezone. If Frank was on steroids you'd think he wouldn't have broken down so quick. It does a great disservice to the game to throw that bone at every departing player in the game and in my opinion and is nothing but a poor attempt at innuendo.
    ^^^^^

Bingo. I can say, without hesitation, that woy definitely gets it.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Blame MLB and the Union for the public thinking these things. A laugh? The laugh is MLB and the Union for having those blind eyes for all these years. Disservice? Blame the afore-mentioned MLB and the Union for that, not me or any other fan who questions these things.

Back to Frank... how long have you known the guy? Did you know him when he was 18-years-old and a freshman at Auburn? You may have. But even if you did, it does not mean you know what he did and did not do. Could he have started on the road to roids while playing football at a major D-I program? I'd venture to guess that thousands-upon-thousands of other athletes have. Is Frank above all that? Sure he could be, but I'd put the same odds on the possibility that he has used something that is not legal.

But, as I have already said, laugh at MLB and the Union... not the fan(s). Blame them for something that was out of control and tarnished the game (at least for now). Blame them for innuendo. Blame them, don't blame the fan(s).
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Back to Frank... how long have you known the guy? Did you know him when he was 18-years-old and a freshman at Auburn?
    No, but Pedro's best buddy in Atlanta knew him even before that.

How long have YOU known him?

Turn Off Ads?