Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Williams rips Frank Thomas a new one

Re: Kenny Williams rips Frank Thomas a new one

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Ya I agree. The 2005 white sox were special in the fact they got hot at the right time and about 5 other teams that were better in my opinion slumped at the right time for them to win, (Including the Indians who I think were better than them last year but just faded in the last week of the season).

They are lucky that the Cardinals and Stros both slumped in October or the Championship would have been one of those teams.
    One could argue that our 1990 Reds were in the same boat as the 2005 ChiSox.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Imagine if the Reds GM (or Allen) had talked about Larkin this way, imagine if Larkin's constant comments about a losing team and the situation was met with this type reply to one of the best players in franchise history.

Then imagine it's on the heels of the manager calling out another teams player about something that isn't any of his business.

Then imagine that it's coming from the same place that brought you Reinsdorf, the type of owner that squeezed out the first wave of owners in the early 80's.

Frank might not be "classy" but he's the ballplayer and the other guys are the bosses.

That IMO is classless.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I think the Sox are trying to acrue as much bad karma as possible so that when the injuries set in they have something to blame.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I didnt care much for Larkin's antics either.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Becomes a much bigger story now thanks to Williams.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Becomes a much bigger story now thanks to Williams.

agree 100%

Frank may have whined but I think Williams comments were a little over the top.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Frank may have whined but I think Williams comments were a little over the top.
    I still disagree. At some point you cannot sit there and take crap from someone you were all too happy to get rid off. Maybe he should have said no comment and moved on but I think he also put a warning shot out to Frank as well. At some point toward the beginning of his rant Kenny said they had covered up things that Frank had done and if say one of the reporters wanted to sniff around they could easily find some dirt. I think this was Kenny's way to say hey Frank you better shut up or alot of dirt is suddenly going to be out in public. Hopefully this will be the end but all Frank can do is damage what little goodwill he had with most of the fans here in Chicago
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen still have some of that player's mentality. I don't have a problem with that, especially compared to the button-down corporate pose a lot of these guys strike.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    At some point toward the beginning of his rant Kenny said they had covered up things that Frank had done and if say one of the reporters wanted to sniff around they could easily find some dirt. I think this was Kenny's way to say hey Frank you better shut up or alot of dirt is suddenly going to be out in public.
    Hmmmmm... didn't Frank play a year or two of D-I football? Anyone who has known a D-I football player that played more than 10 years ago (like Frank) might be able to tell you how readily available steroids were to these guys. I went to a D-I school that had a very-limited-in-talent football team. Two good friends played on those teams and told me the juice was only a single request from any coach away from being in their locker. And this was a 2-bit D-I program.

Don't know. But just sayin'...
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Ozzie!

Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Not to defend Frank but I just don't like Kenny Williams or Ozzie Guillen for that matter. Maybe they all ought to STFU.

Plus I don't recall Frank doing any name calling as Williams did.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Plus I don't recall Frank doing any name calling as Williams did.
    in the end it just make the GM look like what he is complaining about. Kenny won, he is still in Chicago and Frank is in Oakland. What does he hope to gain by responding and trashing Frank in the press, even if he is right? We already know that a lot of baseball players are spoiled prima donnas, all Kenny Williams did was make himself look like one as well.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

got alil captain in u?

im fine with wat kenny williams said if frank thomas is gonna fire bombs back at his club he has the right to speak his mind and he's right frank was a complainer who was often hurt and a bad clubhouse guy in his career

Kenny is the only guy in Chicago who can make Ozzie look sensible and restrained.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Turn Off Ads?