Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread - 2/28/06 vs. Kia Tigers

Game Thread - 2/28/06 vs. Kia Tigers

Never too early to get that first game thread of the spring up, eh?

Reds are playing the Kia Tigers tomorrow after and according to Marc's blog, the lineup is as follows:

It's baaaaack...

SARASOTA -- Look, I understand what made this blog famous, back in the day. I know it wasn't my finely crafted prose or insightful restaurant reviews. So now, we're returning to our roots here. I have for you -- a day ahead of time! -- the first Reds starting lineup of the spring. No, really, no need to thank me. Just soak it all in, starting with a center fielder wearing No. 30...

Reds vs. Kia Tigers, Feb. 28, Ed Smith Stadium

Quinton McCracken, CF
    Chris Denorfia, RF
    Jason LaRue, C
    Tuffy Rhodes, DH
    Jacob Cruz, 1B
    Frank Menechino, 2B
    Earl Snyder, 3B
    Ray Olmedo, SS
    DeWayne Wise, LF
    Dave Williams, P

Other pitchers slated to be available tomorrow: Matt Belisle, Todd Coffey, Jason Standridge, Mike Burns, Travis Chick, Tommy Phelps, Josh Hall and Jake Robbins.

Oddly enough, one of the pitchers slated to throw for Kia is Seth Greisinger, the right-hander the Detroit Tigers made the sixth overall pick in the 1996 draft. He's got a 5.51 ERA in 42 big-league appearances.

Other upcoming roster notes:

# Ken Griffey Jr. is expected to play in Wednesday's intrasquad game
    # In addition to the previously announced Brandon Claussen, Luke Hudson will be the other starter in the intrasquad game
    # Justin Germano will start Friday's split-squad home game against the Tigers, while Michael Gosling will get the ball Friday at the Twins. Homer Bailey also is scheduled to travel to Fort Myers.

Looks like we are sending out an All Star lineup for this one, a Bob Boone Sunday special perhaps.

And this has to be one of the earliest game threads ever in line with one of the earliest lineup releases ever. Will this game be broadcast locally (like 700 has done for early games in the past) or will we just be in suspense until an update from one of the writers or a poster?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Game Thread - 2/28/06 vs. Kia Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Never too early to get that first game thread of the spring up, eh?

Reds are playing the Kia Tigers tomorrow after and according to Marc's blog, the lineup is as follows:

It's baaaaack...

SARASOTA -- Look, I understand what made this blog famous, back in the day. I know it wasn't my finely crafted prose or insightful restaurant reviews. So now, we're returning to our roots here. I have for you -- a day ahead of time! -- the first Reds starting lineup of the spring. No, really, no need to thank me. Just soak it all in, starting with a center fielder wearing No. 30...

Reds vs. Kia Tigers, Feb. 28, Ed Smith Stadium

Quinton McCracken, CF
    Chris Denorfia, RF
    Jason LaRue, C
    Tuffy Rhodes, DH
    Jacob Cruz, 1B
    Frank Menechino, 2B
    Earl Snyder, 3B
    Ray Olmedo, SS
    DeWayne Wise, LF
    Dave Williams, P

Other pitchers slated to be available tomorrow: Matt Belisle, Todd Coffey, Jason Standridge, Mike Burns, Travis Chick, Tommy Phelps, Josh Hall and Jake Robbins.

Oddly enough, one of the pitchers slated to throw for Kia is Seth Greisinger, the right-hander the Detroit Tigers made the sixth overall pick in the 1996 draft. He's got a 5.51 ERA in 42 big-league appearances.

Other upcoming roster notes:

# Ken Griffey Jr. is expected to play in Wednesday's intrasquad game
    # In addition to the previously announced Brandon Claussen, Luke Hudson will be the other starter in the intrasquad game
    # Justin Germano will start Friday's split-squad home game against the Tigers, while Michael Gosling will get the ball Friday at the Twins. Homer Bailey also is scheduled to travel to Fort Myers.

Looks like we are sending out an All Star lineup for this one, a Bob Boone Sunday special perhaps.

And this has to be one of the earliest game threads ever in line with one of the earliest lineup releases ever. Will this game be broadcast locally (like 700 has done for early games in the past) or will we just be in suspense until an update from one of the writers or a poster?
    Boy, I hope you wrote this with a tongue-in-cheek so hard you have a hole in your cheek.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    No radio till Thursday - although I'd give my left one to hear Joe pronounce those Korean names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

CaseyFan21,

Great minds think alike. I was going to start a game thread. Pts for you.

That lineup is full of solid vet ness
    Go Gators!

Sure does feel good to have baseball back!!!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed

Looks like a traditional Reds Sunday Special.

Average age - 34.6 years old.

Along with a hefty dose of knows-how-to-win-ness, with a dash of plays-the-game-the-right-way-ness.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Looks like a traditional Reds Sunday Special.
    Those haven't been the same since Donnie Sadler left.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Is there going to be any way to follow this game online since there's no radio broadcast? Does MLB.com run the Gameday thing with stats and such for spring training games?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Boy, I hope you wrote this with a tongue-in-cheek so hard you have a hole in your cheek.

Tounge in cheek??? Not at all, I'm just excited about the veteran lineup we are putting on the field.

That lineup looks scrappy to me. Cheers to another season!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Earl Snyder? Isn't he in the Hall of Fame?

This looks like the All BadFundamentals team.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?