Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Krivsky Chat Log

Re: Krivsky Chat Log

I dunno about any of you folks, but the idea of Wayne Krivsky talking to the folks over at Reds.com makes me shudder.

I felt dirty just reading it.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JinAZ
    ...I think that whole argument is just my way of tricking myself into thinking that the Reds aren't mishandling their one legitimate major league ready prospect...
    -JinAZ
    I think WK makes a fair comment. EE has proved himself in AAA but he has not shown that he has fully made the transition to the big leagues. Its not as if he only has one area to work at. He has not excelled with either the bat or the glove in his time in the show. Accordingly, he still needs to work on the some things - making the throw to forst, picking up the grounder and laying of the breaking pitch outside. If he has only one or two lapses during ST then he has shown that he has learnt and knows that he has to improve himself to be a consistent 3B in the show. If not he knows what he has to work at and giving him more time in AAA to make himself an even better player is no crime.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

The mention of Homer Bailey starting at Sarasota is excellent news.

The rest... meh. I don't want Jerry Narron being the sole determinant of who makes the 25-man roster, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    The mention of Homer Bailey starting at Sarasota is excellent news.

The rest... meh. I don't want Jerry Narron being the sole determinant of who makes the 25-man roster, thanks.
    I big 'ol "Yeah, Me Too" to everything you just said.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I wish some of the questions could have been a bit different because I don't feel like I learned anything new.
    Yep. For the most part, people were asking questions they could have easily found the answers to by reading RedsZone or a newspaper. I wish now that I'd pm'd you my questions and had you ask them for me, since I had to work today.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    Neither can I get excited by him leaving the final decisions for the draft in the hands of Chris Buckley.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    I think WK makes a fair comment. EE has proved himself in AAA but he has not shown that he has fully made the transition to the big leagues. Its not as if he only has one area to work at. He has not excelled with either the bat or the glove in his time in the show. Accordingly, he still needs to work on the some things - making the throw to forst, picking up the grounder and laying of the breaking pitch outside. If he has only one or two lapses during ST then he has shown that he has learnt and knows that he has to improve himself to be a consistent 3B in the show. If not he knows what he has to work at and giving him more time in AAA to make himself an even better player is no crime.
    I'm sorry Nugget,

I disagree with your opinion that EE failed in his limited PT in '05.

Sure, He may have looked like he was over matched a time or two. Who hasn't ?

Hitting eighth in the order is a tough job for anyone. It's even more brutal if you only start twice a week.

Edwin "CAN" hit and Field his position. Let's give him a fair chance to prove himself before we cast our lot anywhere in the direction of Aurillia or Womack.

Keep an eye on EE. I think you'll like what you see.

Thanks Chip

You know, it was free to register. If you didn't like the question, register and ask what you wanted. Me, I asked a question and he answered it, not exactly a full answer, but an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    You know, it was free to register. If you didn't like the question, register and ask what you wanted. Me, I asked a question and he answered it, not exactly a full answer, but an answer.
    I assume you are referring to me and I'm already registered at Reds.com, but as I mentioned to TeamBoone, I had to work Monday. Trust me, the next time there is an opportunity to ask the Reds G.M. questions, I'll make sure they are asked. Whether or not I get any answers will be totally up to the mods over there.

No, I didn't like most of the questions. In fact, I thought one of the best questions asked was the one about Krivisky's draft philosophy. I think that's the one you asked and it was a good one. I would have loved to see more questions of that type.

Instead we got,"I have read about your first phone conversation with Ken Griffey Jr. What was that like, and as you look back now does it seem funny?" and Please tell us you intend to bring some VERSATILITY back to Cincinnati regarding mix of everyday players? Definantly not the questions I wanted to see asked of the new Reds G.M.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    I'm sorry Nugget,

I disagree with your opinion that EE failed in his limited PT in '05.

Sure, He may have looked like he was over matched a time or two. Who hasn't ?

Hitting eighth in the order is a tough job for anyone. It's even more brutal if you only start twice a week.

Edwin "CAN" hit and Field his position. Let's give him a fair chance to prove himself before we cast our lot anywhere in the direction of Aurillia or Womack.

Keep an eye on EE. I think you'll like what you see.
    It's fair to say that EE didn't fail and I didn't mean that. He didn't blow them away. But its better if he doesn't show in ST that he can handle 3B everyday to go back to AAA to play everyday. Better than him not learning anything on the bench. Look what happened to WMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    It's fair to say that EE didn't fail and I didn't mean that. He didn't blow them away. But its better if he doesn't show in ST that he can handle 3B everyday to go back to AAA to play everyday. Better than him not learning anything on the bench. Look what happened to WMP.
    I do agree that EE didn't "blow them away" in his limited PT and AB's in 2005.

However he did show the best fielding range of any Reds Third Baseman on the current roster, with a fine knack of hitting for extra bases. ( and he did it from hitting in the eight hole.) You don't see very many good pitches with the Pitcher on deck.

I'd start Edwin everyday at 3b and hit him 7th, let him gain some confidence in himself. I believe the reward would be much more valuable than running in place with eighther Aurillia or Womack.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    I assume you are referring to me and I'm already registered at Reds.com, but as I mentioned to TeamBoone, I had to work Monday. Trust me, the next time there is an opportunity to ask the Reds G.M. questions, I'll make sure they are asked. Whether or not I get any answers will be totally up to the mods over there.

No, I didn't like most of the questions. In fact, I thought one of the best questions asked was the one about Krivisky's draft philosophy. I think that's the one you asked and it was a good one. I would have loved to see more questions of that type.

Instead we got,"I have read about your first phone conversation with Ken Griffey Jr. What was that like, and as you look back now does it seem funny?" and Please tell us you intend to bring some VERSATILITY back to Cincinnati regarding mix of everyday players? Definantly not the questions I wanted to see asked of the new Reds G.M.
    Actually, a couple people complained about the questions, so I wasn't directing that to you personaly. Really, I think the problem was time. Those types of questions are always going to be asked, because some people enjoy the humanizing aspect of baseball or only know what they read in the Enquirer. The problem I saw was that it was only 30 minutes. Now, I appreciate that Krivsky gave us those 30 minutes, so I'm not really complaining. Its just with it only being 30 minutes, that's really not a lot of time to get to a bunch of questions, especially ones that are more well thought out. Its a shame, because I really was hoping to get more of a sense of his overall direction for this team.

And perhaps there were questions asked that weren't answered. Depth is not a big thing with these chats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Are the questions submitted and reviewed before hand? If yes, this could be the "problem".

I can't wait to find out what people ask Adam!!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Are the questions submitted and reviewed before hand? If yes, this could be the "problem".

I can't wait to find out what people ask Adam!!
    Knowing some of you, that could be scary. :
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?