Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How Much $

How Much $

How much do you think it would be to land opening day tickets? Any location? Cheapest? Most expensive?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How Much $

Though RCT, you can get a standing room only ticket for I believe $75 and a Diamond Seat for $600 and any dollar amount in between.

I'm not sure what Ebay prices are, but I'm sure they're steep.

Unfortunetly, if you don't have them already you're going to be forced to pay a pretty penny for them.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

shucks. Ya thats the boat I'm in. I might get shut out of opening day, which is technically a Holiday to me. :thumbdown

pmurray48

I still think your best bet is to head down to GAB. You never know you might find a kind soul who will sell you an extra for a reasonable price.

I paid $350 for 4 seats in 536. I still stings.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by pmurray48
    I still think your best bet is to head down to GAB. You never know you might find a kind soul who will sell you an extra for a reasonable price.
    just hope your gettin the real thing

I paid $229 on ebay for 2 tix in 135 terrace. I think you could get 2 SRO for $100.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

I think the cheapest way is to sit at home and watch it on TV. Throw some peanut shells on the floor and spill beer under your seat. Gives it the "being there" feel.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I think the cheapest way is to sit at home and watch it on TV. Throw some peanut shells on the floor and spill beer under your seat. Gives it the "being there" feel.
    Don't forget to go to the kitchen for 45 minutes to wait on some food.

Seriously, and I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by saying this, but I don't get the attraction of Opening Day. I would shell out big bucks for a World Series game, because that game will be remembered forever in Reds history. It would be a seldom-in-a-lifetime experience. But there has been an Opening Day every year since I can remember. It would be nice to go again, but not at the prices it costs these days.

KearnseyEars, I thought you had season tickets behind the dugout. You did last year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Don't forget to go to the kitchen for 45 minutes to wait on some food.

Seriously, and I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by saying this, but I don't get the attraction of Opening Day. I would shell out big bucks for a World Series game, because that game will be remembered forever in Reds history. It would be a seldom-in-a-lifetime experience. But there has been an Opening Day every year since I can remember. It would be nice to go again, but not at the prices it costs these days.
    If it's the playoffs, all bets are off ... and I'd go to some extreme lengths for tickets.

Opening Day should be a national holiday, IMO, but I've still never understood the lure of spending a large sum of cash for below average seats for that one game. Especially since the rest of the first week they'll be lucky to draw 25k to any of those games other than possibly the Friday night game.

Two days after Opening Day is a 12:35pm game on Wednesday afternoon, the second game of the season, and a buddy and I have already made plans to go down there. We'll likely buy $5 seats (or the cheapest available) and be able to pretty much sit where we want. Then I'll also likely hit up one or two more games the rest of that first week and do the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me if I spend less on tickets for three other games that first week, parking (might even park for free), beer (Gameday!) and food than some people will be spending for Opening Day activities.

But, to each their own!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792

Two days after Opening Day is a 12:35pm game on Wednesday afternoon, the second game of the season, and a buddy and I have already made plans to go down there. We'll likely buy $5 seats (or the cheapest available) and be able to pretty much sit where we want. Then I'll also likely hit up one or two more games the rest of that first week and do the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me if I spend less on tickets for three other games that first week, parking (might even park for free), beer (Gameday!) and food than some people will be spending for Opening Day activities.

But, to each their own!
    Wahoo, that Buddy is me!! But anyways, Jason is right, this is the way to go. I've been going to the second game of the year with my family for years now. No plans as of yet this year, but thats the great part. The second game doesn't require any waking up early, spending hours on the phone or waiting in line!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    If it's the playoffs, all bets are off ... and I'd go to some extreme lengths for tickets.

Opening Day should be a national holiday, IMO, but I've still never understood the lure of spending a large sum of cash for below average seats for that one game. Especially since the rest of the first week they'll be lucky to draw 25k to any of those games other than possibly the Friday night game.

But, to each their own!

Quote Originally Posted by mole44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cyclone792

But, to each their own!

Wahoo, that Buddy is me!! But anyways, Jason is right, this is the way to go. I've been going to the second game of the year with my family for years now. No plans as of yet this year, but thats the great part. The second game doesn't require any waking up early, spending hours on the phone or waiting in line!
    I hate both of you. If you're ever in the Philly area again, 3 words for you: find a hotel. I mean not that my place was all that great. Hell, who am I kidding? We all sweat our balls off when we weren't sitting in traffic on the boulevard. Now that I think about it, next time you're in Philly, I'll toss in for the hotel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    I hate both of you. If you're ever in the Philly area again, 3 words for you: find a hotel. I mean not that my place was all that great. Hell, who am I kidding? We all sweat our balls off when we weren't sitting in traffic on the boulevard. Now that I think about it, next time you're in Philly, I'll toss in for the hotel too.
    I'm holding you too that!

Turn Off Ads?