Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Go to Reds' MLB site--Power of Tradition

Go to Reds' MLB site--Power of Tradition

Don't know if this has been posted or not, but the Reds new slogan atop their MLB official site reads: The Power of Tradition.

I have no idea if this is the brainchild of the new marketing crew or not, but a big "ick" to that war cry--sounds like so much inoculation against moving forward.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Go to Reds' MLB site--Power of Tradition

Well the prior marketing slogan was the sound of change jingling in the owners pocket.

Yet this one some how is offensive?

I too wish life was TV and all could change with a flick of the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

I too wish life was TV and all could change with a flick of the remote.
    Yeah, six years of this excreta--damn me for expecting more.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Yeah, six years of this excreta--damn me for expecting more.
    Ok I will. The fact that the new owner tries harder than the last owner in the last 24 hours compared to the last 6 years total isn't lost on me.

The strongest thing the Reds have right now is their brand, best start polishing the turd.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

The strongest thing the Reds have right now is their brand, best start polishing the turd.
    John Allen built a lavish museum devoted to the Reds' past. How soon we forget.

If you're the kind to get jazzed by selling an awful product to a greater number of people, then this is the slogan for you.

If you're like me, you want to see Paul DePodesta mounting the steps to the podium this Tuesday heralding the real turning of the page on this team's fortunes.

If you're the kind to get jazzed by selling an awful product to a greater number of people, then this is the slogan for you.
    Cool can I get a look at the Flash before I get that tat?

And the HOF is different than marketing used to "catch" wayward customers. The HOF is for the fan down at the game first and foremost, the marketing that will be more prevalent over the next 3 months will be the bait the spider uses to get the fly in the web.
    Last edited by westofyou; 01-21-2006 at 08:04 PM.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Tradition we knew about already and didn't need to be reminded. I think the most vocal posters here are still hoping to see the "Power of Transition."

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Tradition we knew about already and didn't need to be reminded. I think the most vocal posters here are still hoping to see the "Power of Transition."
    Ironic, isn't it that you have a slogan with the word "Power" in it and you hear radio ads that are nothing but home run calls but some people believe that home runs are overrated and what the Reds need to do is bunt, steal and hit more sac flies.

I think the slogan is fine. Much better than, "Come get whiplash watching our pitchers throw gopher balls."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I guess my 'issue' with it is the fact it doesn't seem all that traditional in its appearance on the site. Other than that, grand idea.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

i hate to bring up a month-old post, but does anyone know where I could find a good sized digital image of this slogan. I would like to include it in a class project I am doing about the Reds. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Don't know if this has been posted or not, but the Reds new slogan atop their MLB official site reads: The Power of Tradition.

I have no idea if this is the brainchild of the new marketing crew or not, but a big "ick" to that war cry--sounds like so much inoculation against moving forward.
    They use it in a couple of the Reds commercials on television as well.

I may be wrong, but I think it has to do with the tradition of baseball in Cincinnati... and the new ownership wants to re-instill that. Like, don't forget your roots... we're a baseball town and we plan to get back to what we once were, so catch the fever!

I don't see anything wrong with it.

John Allen built a lavish museum devoted to the Reds' past. How soon we forget.
    John Allen didn't exactly build the Reds Hall of Fame. IIRC, he dragged his feet on the project until Lindner mandated that he get it done. And even then, I doubt he did it single handedly.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

If you're like me, you want to see Paul DePodesta mounting the steps to the podium this Tuesday heralding the real turning of the page on this team's fortunes.
    Maybe when/if Depodesta hooks on with another team, you can turn the page, lose your angst for the Reds and start following that team's fortunes. Maybe the wonder boy can prove all the great moves he made in his Dodger stint was just an aberation.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Maybe when/if Depodesta hooks on with another team, you can turn the page, lose your angst for the Reds and start following that team's fortunes. Maybe the wonder boy can prove all the great moves he made in his Dodger stint was just an aberation.
    Yep. I follow GMs, not teams. What a ridiculous statement.

Turn Off Ads?