Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/28 American Idol...which girls get the axe?

2/28 American Idol...which girls get the axe?

I'm not even sure how many get whacked Thursday, 1 or 2? Anyway, overall, not a good night for the ladies. Nobody was outrageously good. That said, I think Kellie, Mandisa, Paris, Lisa, and Melissa are definately safe.

My guess is that we've seen the last of Kinnik. She's just okay. I don't see her getting a lot of votes.

I think we'll also say goodbye to Brenna. I think America is tired of her act.

I agreed with the Judges about Ayla. She was very good tonight. Heather was good...I like her but she's not going to be around for long. There's nothing compelling about her. Katharine is an unbelievable vocalist but she didn't have the wow factor tonight (and she went first--a disadvantage IMO).

My phone-in vote this week: Mandisa. I also liked Kellie and Melissa.

But overall, not a great night for the ladies.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by max venable; 02-28-2006 at 10:48 PM.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: 2/28 American Idol...which girls get the axe?

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Your thoughts?
    The only true loser tonight is the segment of the American viewing public who enjoys well-written, scripted television as opposed to televised "get rich quick" schemes.

I just don't see the appeal of shows like American Idol.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    The only true loser tonight is the segment of the American viewing public who enjoys well-written, scripted television as opposed to televised "get rich quick" schemes.

wellalrightythen. thanks for checking in.

I watched a little bit of it, someone I work with has been talking about it, so I figured i'd keep a little bit up to date.

Seeing what little I saw, I think Lisa Tucker would have probably gotten my vote tonight. She is 16 and is on par with the rest of the girls. She just needs to change her taste in music in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor

Well, 95% of those are women and the other 5% are the boyfriends who are chained down to watch it.:
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The girl who sang "Hero." Out of here, as well as Brenna. Bye girls!

max, I agree that Kinnick will probably not make it back, and my other choices would be Heather Cox and Brenna. But since only two will get cut, I'll agree with you and predict Kinnick and Brenna.

I'll also agree with you that Heather won't last much longer. Funny thing was that tonight I told my wife that her singing sounded like a bad pageant song, and lo and behold, Simon said the exact same thing! My wife says she'll hang around because of her looks, and the funny thing is, I find her extremely annoying to look at. I know that sounds cruel, but she really seems that she would fit in with those "mean girls" from the Lindsey Lohan movie of the same title. (Did I just admit that I watched that movie? )

I must be in the minority in not liking Ayla at all. Way too confident for my taste. I also think I'm in the minority in really liking Melissa. As was pointed out tonight, she has the most unique voice of them all. But it seems that she's in over her head in the showmanship department, and that will ultimately spell the end for her.

Favorites this week

1. Kelly - adorable, very down to earth, unassuming
    2. Lisa Tucker - great vocals and has a presence
    3. Paris - fun to watch
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    The girl who sang "Hero." Out of here, as well as Brenna. Bye girls!
    Paris? Hey, I think most people have her on their list of favorites. Last week Redsland even said "Pull the plug, hand the golden microphone to Paris, and be done with it." and alex agreed. I'm not saying that she's among my favorites, but I don't see her going anywhere any time soon.

I used to like Kelly Pickler, but she's really starting to wear on me. She seems to be transforming from an innocent wide-eyed girl into a confident, cocky girl who still likes to use the innocent wide-eyed personna to her advantage. Or am I just being cynical?

Sure seemed like a mediocre week to me. Heather is the easy cut to me, I don't think she was very good last week or this week. Kinnik had an off week as well, I think she's the other one who's gone. I'd love to see Brenna go but I'm betting she'll last a couple more weeks. There are some people who like that cocky arrogance of hers for some reason. You're better off to have half of the people love you and half of the people hate you (though I doubt that many love her) than you are to finish second on everyone's list because most people only vote for one person. She's annoying, but she does stand out, which is more than I can say for most of this nondescript lot.

Paris? Hey, I think most people have her on their list of favorites. Last week Redsland even said "Pull the plug, hand the golden microphone to Paris, and be done with it." and alex agreed. I'm not saying that she's among my favorites, but I don't see her going anywhere any time soon.
    It was Heather Cox who sang "Hero." Paris is awesome- she sang "Wind Beneath My Wings," which is precisely as much of a cheesey song as "Hero."

Heather is gone (please?).

I'll also agree with you that Heather won't last much longer. Funny thing was that tonight I told my wife that her singing sounded like a bad pageant song, and lo and behold, Simon said the exact same thing!
    My girlfriend said the same thing during her performance. There was a note in that song where I felt like I was watching a Miss USA competition.

Another odd thing was she was boring me to tears with her performance and then out of nowhere she hit that big note....it was like calm, calm, calm, LOUD...

Appallingly dreadful.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 03-01-2006 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    It was Heather Cox who sang "Hero." Paris is awesome- she sang "Wind Beneath My Wings," which is precisely as much of a cheesey song as "Hero."

Heather is gone (please?).

My girlfriend said the same thing during her performance. There was a note in that song where I felt like I was watching a Miss USA competition.

Another odd thing was she was boring me to tears with her performance and then out of nowhere she hit that big note....it was like calm, calm, calm, LOUD...

Appallingly dreadful.
    Oh, okay. I didn't even know the title of Heather's song. I'm with you in hoping that's all for her.

BTW, was that last line your impersonation of Simon?

BTW, was that last line your impersonation of Simon?
    Those words are now a part of my vocabulary.

Another great moment from last night: When Simon told Kinnick that she reminded him of a theme park performer, I laughed out loud. And he was dead-on.

Simon makes the show. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good or as popular without Simon. Randy's, I don't now dogg, he's just alright for me. Paula is worthless. And Seacrest is annoying. But it is fun to watch him try to spar with Simon...because Simon eats Seacrest's lunch. Simon is quick-witted, funny, and interesting. Seacrest is none of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Simon makes the show. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good or as popular without Simon. Randy's, I don't now dogg, he's just alright for me. Paula is worthless. And Seacrest is annoying. But it is fun to watch him try to spar with Simon...because Simon eats Seacrest's lunch. Simon is quick-witted, funny, and interesting. Seacrest is none of those things.
    I thought Paula was Janet Jackson when I first saw the show.

I think she is there for sex appeal alone. And I agree with you on Seacrest and Simon.

Turn Off Ads?