Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media Guide

RedLeg Wildcat

Media Guide

Does anyone know if the Reds 2006 Media Guide is available for download on the net? I've searched the Reds website but having a hard time trying to find it, if it's on there.

Thanks in advance.
    The Big RED One

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Media Guide

They bury it in the fan forum page, bottom right

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...x.jsp?c_id=cin

It's still the 2005 version for now, I'd guess when they get 2006 online this is where it'll be.

RedLeg Wildcat

Thanks for the link, much appreciated. I guess it's still a little early for 2006. Was jumping the gun. lol

At least now, I know where to look. Thanks again.
    The Big RED One

It should be up soon I would guess. Lancaster was just saying the other day that the media guys got theirs.

Anyone know if it's in the stores yet?
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I remember reading either in Marc's blog or one of the Reds Notes columns that the Reds received theirs... but they probably get it earlier than it goes on sale to the general public.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

The Reds traveling media gets a spiral bound "advance" copy. The General public should have theirs around March 20th. That's typically how it's done
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    The Reds traveling media gets a spiral bound "advance" copy. The General public should have theirs around March 20th. That's typically how it's done
    The "Advance Copies" of media guides can sometimes be rather funny. I remember there was an early copy of the Bengals media guide circulating around back about 10 years ago at training camp which had numerous typos, the funniest of which complimented that "Dave Shula has been close to football and his life for over 20 years."
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    The "Advance Copies" of media guides can sometimes be rather funny. I remember there was an early copy of the Bengals media guide circulating around back about 10 years ago at training camp which had numerous typos, the funniest of which complimented that "Dave Shula has been close to football and his life for over 20 years."
    From what I understand, the ones the media get are the same as the ones sold to the public, but they're just spiral bound. All the content is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    From what I understand, the ones the media get are the same as the ones sold to the public, but they're just spiral bound. All the content is the same.
    They are like test printings too, the book industry does it and it allows one last run through of the product before locking down for the big printing.

I collect them now... but a world of warning to you all if you order it to be delivered, 2 years ago the Reds Dugout store sent me one and the shippping cost more than the book.

So have a friend pick it up or ship book rate.

I called the Dugout shop this morning and they told me they weren't likely to get any copies because they were closing for remodeling. She did say that the team shop already had copies for sale. I'm having a friend pick up a copy for me.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Marc_Lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    Correct...nothing less useful for our purposes than a non-spiral-bound media guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Lancaster
    Correct...nothing less useful for our purposes than a non-spiral-bound media guide.
    Just saw the oppurtunity to say thank you Marc, love your blog from last year. I am following it agin this sprign and lol yeah the Mexican Restaurant part was cool

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Just picked a couple copies of the media guide today at the Team Shop at GABP - for those that want to know it's $15 each this year. And once again they do not include the hotels that the team and visiting teams stay at... (visiting teams were pretty easy - either the Westin or the Hyatt DT).
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-12
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

any idea as to which hotel (hyatt or westin) that the cubs and white sox will be staying at? i'll be in town for both series this year with different family members, so i'd like to give them the best chance possible for seeing someone from their team...

Turn Off Ads?