Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who would you pick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who would you pick?

Lets say you are the owner of a baseball franchise, and the MLB for some reason decides to have a MLB draft. Anyone in the MLB, along with their minor league affiliates are all available, and you happen to get the #1 draft pick. Lets assume that you would get to negotiate a contract for them, but you get the advantage that they have to sign. Basically, you get to sign them for a reasonable amount.

So, who would you pick?

I haven't decided yet. I'm pretty sure I would pick a good young starter, but not sure which one yet.

Re: Who would you pick?

Jake Peavy - turns 25 in May, RHP
    1st in SO, 4th in WHIP, 6th in ERA
    203 IP 9.58 K/9 4.32 K/BB .633 OPS against

Johan Santana - turns 27 in a couple days, LHP
    1st in SO, 1st in WHIP, 2nd in ERA, 2nd in IP
    232.2 IP 9.25 K/9 5.29 K/BB .594 OPS against

Dontrelle Willis - turns 25 next January, LHP
    3rd in ERA, 6th in WHIP, 4th in IP
    236.1 IP 6.47 K/9 3.09 K/BB .639 OPS against

I think my pick would be Jake Peavy. Tough decision IMO

Re: Who would you pick?