Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flute Loses Owner - Jack Wild Dies

Re: Flute Loses Owner - Jack Wild Dies

Lidsville!
    Man, I have been trying to remember the name of that show for WEEKS!

I was on Skipper Ryle's show once. He seemed like the brooding, half brother of Uncle Al. But in reality it was Uncle Al who was the tyrant. He made my cousin cry on the set one time. And don't get me started about Captain Wendy...
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Lidsville!
    Man, I have been trying to remember the name of that show for WEEKS!

I was on Skipper Ryle's show once. He seemed like the brooding, half brother of Uncle Al. But in reality it was Uncle Al who was the tyrant. He made my cousin cry on the set one time. And don't get me started about Captain Wendy...
    I've told this story many times here, but ya might have missed it, Uncle Al came on to my friends wife when she was 18, she went to "ride" horses with her other friend at his farm in the Hillsboro area, when they got there Wendy was not there and they were kinda creeped out, he could tell too.... to try and lighten the mood he left the room and came back with his accordian, it was and I quote, "Quite sad AND funny" The left after that.

My second Uncle Al story involves another friend whose dad had a boat docked near Al's boat, being about ten my friend was always excited about seeing Al down at the docks, occasionally he would be with one of his "Nieces" and there were apparently quite a few. One day Captain Wendy showed up with a .38 and starting shooting it at Al who was with a niece, who in an attempt to save his skin dove into the river.

My Wife was on the show and she was chosen to ride the merry-go-round, she doesn't remember much about the show other than all the moms had on Jacki-O coats and had astronaut wife hair.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    What are they though? Witchiepoo?!?

Are these things the predecessors to the Teletubbies? I always thought the Teletubbies were severly drug-induced creations. And have you people seen the Veggietales? They are CHRISTIAN VEGETABLES and they have drugs written all over them.
    They're the burnt orange and avocado of Saturday Morning TV, Live action, costumed nonsense in 15 minute vignettes, very B Movie serial style.

The trick was the overall "freakyness" of it.... this is when being freaky first hit mainstream media after dancing in the allleys for so long.

It was the day and age of only 4 TV channels, kids would watch anything, Dialing for Dollars, Perry Mason, Hazel, Gilligans Island, Mr Ed all week but on saturday morning it was like party in your living room. Then later that night some half-wit TV host dressed as a ghoul would scare the bejeezus out of you with some creepy Vincent Price movie.

At least that's how I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    They're the burnt orange and avocado of Saturday Morning TV, Live action, costumed nonsense in 15 minute vignettes, very B Movie serial style.

The trick was the overall "freakyness" of it.... this is when being freaky first hit mainstream media after dancing in the allleys for so long.

It was the day and age of only 4 TV channels, kids would watch anything, Dialing for Dollars, Perry Mason, Hazel, Gilligans Island, Mr Ed all week but on saturday morning it was like party in your living room. Then later that night some half-wit TV host dressed as a ghoul would scare the bejeezus out of you with some creepy Vincent Price movie.

At least that's how I remember it.
    That's about how it was for me to, until Cable TV came on the scene in 4th Grade. Well, except that up here in the Cleveland Area, Ghoulardi (yes, that was his name) was on the outs, so Big Chuck and Little John were about the only game in town for the Saturday night horror flick. Just think of how much better horror films with sketches featuring Polish jokes thrown in.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Just think of how much better horror films with sketches featuring Polish jokes thrown in.
    The Detroit area had a "Cool Ghoul" like Cincinnati, but he wasn't scary and he told TONS of polish jokes, a very popular 70's past time (thank you Mr Bunker)
    Last edited by westofyou; 03-04-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    The Detroit area had a "Ghoul Ghoul" like Cincinnati, but he wasn't scary and he told TONS of polish jokes, a very popular 70's past time (thank you Mr Bunker)
    Yep, these guys would actually do elaborate sketches, similar in style to Jim Varney's "Ernest" character, except the guy was named Stosh and usually involving some jab at Parma, a Cleveland Suburb known for its Slavic community. Since Little John is also a "little person," they would do a lot of stuff playing off of his size. Looking back, I think the night they showed "Blacula" might have been one of the most politically incorrect nights of local TV I've ever seen.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?