Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Looks You Cannot Stand

Re: Fashion Looks You Cannot Stand

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    You'd lose your mind out here in Portland MWM. That's what half the people wear (not me).
    Yeah, most warm weather climates tends towards the fads I hate. I sound like an old fuddy-dud with that list. And I'm not a clean-cut, prim and proper look guy. I don't care for that either. But I just hate the grungy look. It makes no sense to me. But I'm allowed to complain about modern day fashions. I'm 31 years old.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Yeah, most warm weather climates tends towards the fads I hate. I sound like an old fuddy-dud with that list. And I'm not a clean-cut, prim and proper look guy. I don't care for that either. But I just hate the grungy look. It makes no sense to me. But I'm allowed to complain about modern day fashions. I'm 31 years old.
    31 eh? Your just an old man aren't ya?

I'm anti-fashion. I've been dressing the same way for 20 years. jeans, t shirts, sweat shirts, flannels or other long sleeve button down shirts, fleeces, chuck taylors or boots.

I own one suit and no ties. It's a damn nice suit though. I wore it to a wedding last weekend.
    Last edited by pedro; 03-03-2006 at 07:16 PM.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I'm the same way. I wear jeans and T-shirts or sweatshirts and regular sneakers 90% of the time I'm not at work.

And complaining about modern day fashions is a rite of passage into your 30s.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

G strings above the wasteband of jeans and a$$ cap tattoos.
    Yeah, this is just terrible. Nothing worse than seeing some hot chick's underwear and crack. I hate that. Creek, just for you, I am going to go up and let every girl I see with this "problem" know that they should pull up their pants right that instant.

Men who wear skin tight shirts. We get it, you work out. Do you realize every other guy in the bar is laughing their ass off at how ridiculous you look?
    Yeah, and those guys laughing are probably standing around in a circle of dudes. I know, that used to be me. I'd just laugh at the pretty boy until one day I realized he wasn't the one standing around in a sausage circle.

Beanies. When did sock hats become fashionable? When worn for any other reason than to keep your head warm, this could be the dumbest looking fashion trend ever.
    Since I shave my head, I find these to be super cool, even here in Florida where I can only wear them 2 or 3 nights a year. For a bald guy, these rock because they fit snug on the head. I have trouble finding ball hats that fit tight- they always bow out on the side to give me the chemo look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I know, that used to be me. I'd just laugh at the pretty boy until one day I realized he wasn't the one standing around in a sausage circle.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Yeah, and those guys laughing are probably standing around in a circle of dudes. I know, that used to be me. I'd just laugh at the pretty boy until one day I realized he wasn't the one standing around in a sausage circle.
    Sometimes, but I'm talking skin tight clearly trying to make a point. I think even the women are laughing at these guys.

Since I shave my head, I find these to be super cool, even here in Florida where I can only wear them 2 or 3 nights a year. For a bald guy, these rock because they fit snug on the head. I have trouble finding ball hats that fit tight- they always bow out on the side to give me the chemo look.
    Yes, but it's a functional item for you. It makes sense for you to wear them. That's different.

School's out. What did you expect?

Sometimes, but I'm talking skin tight clearly trying to make a point. I think even the women are laughing at these guys.
    Especially if there is any chest hair or gold jewelry involved.

Yes, but it's a functional item for you. It makes sense for you to wear them. That's different.
    So I'm starting to think this tight shirt and beanie vendetta might have something to do with Ace, am I right?

You are actually spot-on with all of these. I know just the guys you are referring to.

I remember one guy like this- tight shirts, sort of grungy- who used to go to a bar down in Mt. Adams every night. I assume he went every night, because I only went there once or twice every six months for a few years and he would be there every time I was. I'll bet if I went there tonight, he'd be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM

Those guys aren't the least bit concerned about what the women think. *Cue techno drum beat*
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Does Ace wear tight shirts?

This is the look I'm trying to nail down of late.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I like the hat.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I like the hat.
    I agree. Tricorns rule.

Actually, FCB, you've always reminded me a little of James Otis.

Now just make sure you avoid any bar fights and stay inside during storms..

Does Ace wear tight shirts?
    I've never looked, but yeah, he does.

Turn Off Ads?