Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Looks You Cannot Stand

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Fashion Looks You Cannot Stand

- the pants-exposiing-the-butt-crack/underwear style - just plain old not practical and (here's where the opinion part comes in) looks stupid too. It is really hard for me to look at someone dressing this way and think they can make many good decisions.
    You see, now I like to take advantage of this. If they can't make good decisions, then maybe they'll want to go out with me, eh?

- any clothing displaying vulgar slogans/profanity that kids can read. This I just don't get. My 4-yr old will soon be reading, and I just don't get putting something profane on your clothing that you wear out in the general public during reasonable hours when kids are out and about.
    Could not agree with you more. We were at the airport one day and a young passenger was telling off a ticket counter worker. This lady was drawing a crowd, and we kept hearing people whispering about what her shirt said, which was "F-You, You F-ing F--- (minus the dashes).

Classy. Apparently the shirt was enough to get her kicked out of the airport because all the ticket people were saying that even had she not gotten nasty, she would have been in trouble just for wearing it.

That saying did become part of my everyday usage, though, especially when calling friends. Nothing like starting off the conversation with a good friend on that kind of note.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The "Hoochie-Mama" look (crack-showing jeans, t-shirt 5 sizes too small) is okay on college girls. I don't mind. For women, I don't like stirrup pants or spandex paired with the oversized Champion sweatshirt.

For guys, cutoffs. and muscle shirts.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

- any of the "****ty" looks on young girls.
    The Prosti-tot look

I dress like Pedro (imagine that)

Fashion does not exist for me, boots, jeans a T shirt and fleece in the winter, khaki shorts (anyone who doesn't like shorts on men doesn't sweat like me in the heat) t-shirt, tennis shoes in the winter.

BTW our mother is a fashion nazi and our fashion disdain revolves directly around her sun.

Fashion does not exist for me, boots, jeans a T shirt and fleece in the winter, khaki shorts (anyone who doesn't like shorts on men doesn't sweat like me in the heat) t-shirt, tennis shoes in the winter.
    I go through phases. Sometimes I don't care, while others I do. Right now I'm in the process of opening up my own office, and I've been buying a lot of suits. I've bought more suits in the past few weeks than in my entire life combined. I find myself looking at news anchors and others on television to steal color matches. It's pathetic.

We'll be watching t.v. and my girlfriend will see my furrowed brow and say, "What's the matter?"

"That guy's tie does not match that suit," I say with a confidence that comes from where I have no idea.

Hopefully I will go back to not caring soon.

Not sure if you guys see a lot of this but I have seen a lot of women with high boots on with something that could most likely be considered knickers, so it's either a shout out to equestrian events or a bad trend.

Also the upside down and backwards visor was always a big pet peeve. Like George Carlin said just buy a whole freaking hat

2 things:

1)

The lamest style ever. Do not pop your collar.

2) Fat chicks in belly shirts. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredsfan
    Not sure if you guys see a lot of this but I have seen a lot of women with high boots on with something that could most likely be considered knickers, so it's either a shout out to equestrian events or a bad trend.
    This is the epitome of a trend. Something that no woman would have considered doing a year ago, then it shows up in the magazines and suddenly they're all wearing it, with no thought to how it looks on them or how comfortable it is or, in fact, whether they like it. This happens to be an exceedingly ugly trend, but that's not what gets to me about it. It's the fact that the one and only reason they're wearing it is because other people are. I hate shorts, but ok, people wear them because they're comfortable etc. The only reason women are wearing this is because it's trendy and I guarantee that not one of them will be wearing it a year from now.

This is the kind of crap that keeps me up at night.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I like high boots

Boots = :
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    This is the kind of crap that keeps me up at night.
    The fact that I'm not 25 and hot keeps me up at night.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Pretty much ditto here save for some climate differences...
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I haven't read this thread yet.

Pet peeve!

Jeans! Some of us are ....... well .....uh ..... 29 and holding.

I want some plain, normal jeans. No embroidery. No flared legs. No beads. No looking like the jeans have been dragged behind a horses behind for 6 months. There is no reason to make brand new jeans look scummy.

And some of us would like to shop in the mall and aren't a size 2.

End of rant.

Jeans! Some of us are ....... well .....uh ..... 29 and holding.
    And no low rise, either. You can't pull those things up if you try.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I hate the haircuts high school boys are wearing. How could a mop like that NOT bother you?

Women who wear fur topped boots.

Although the message on the fanny is somewhat alluring to a young single male, it only shows a lack of class by the woman wearing them.

Thug look be it a white or a black guy.

Converse All-Stars

Tapered legged jeans

Pleated pants

Chicks with crimped hair

Tucked shirt in tight jeans

"Crafty" shirts (like shirts middle aged women wear with santa claus on them)

Tshirt under a blazer or sports jacket

Foam Trucker caps

Explicit shirts

Goth look. Im so dead, im goth... *yawn*

Pink or baby blue colors on men

Large sized aviator glasses

Gas Station Fakely's (look like Oakley but worse)

I could go on and on and on....

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Pink or baby blue colors on men
    Oh man, I LOVE men in pastels.

And pink is the hottest. I mean HOT.

It takes a hell of a man to be brave enough to wear pink - at least from my experiences.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

And pink is the hottest. I mean HOT.

It takes a hell of a man to be brave enough to wear pink - at least from my experiences.
    My lady won't let me wear it...she hates it on guys. I think it would look great, especially with some of my gray suits, but she just hates it.

I think I am going to work it in gradually. Stripes on the shirt, traces of it on my tie...and then maybe she'll go for it...I will admit it has to be the right shade. There are some that are not attractive.

I have lots of baby blue and don't mind wearing it all. I even have an old Dan Fouts throwback sweater as well as a Tomlinson jersey in the powder blue mold. I also have a few of the Warren Moon ones in baby blue. No problem at all wearing those, man. If it's good enough for Haywood Jeffires, it's good enough for me.

Turn Off Ads?