Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Looks You Cannot Stand

Re: Fashion Looks You Cannot Stand

Although I've hated the beanies all along, you caught me that his little bit made me hate them even more. I can't stand pretty boys who are all form and no substance. And I know we disagree on his "substance" but as I've stated before, I think he's nothing but form, and it bothers me that he's going to be one of the last people standing simply because he hit the genetic jackpot and not because he's one of the best.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

[QUOTE=pedro]I hate the whole sideways baseball cap thing. Especially on suburban white teenagers.[QUOTE]

Glad to see im not the only one who is driven nuts by this I so want to go up to one of these idiots and smack them upside the head and ask them "what you dont now how to wear a Freaking hat?" I guess it's a sign of getting old when the way teenager's dress and wear there clothes and hat's etc. drives you nuts. sigh
    Last edited by cinredsfan2000; 03-03-2006 at 10:10 PM.

I also can't stand the t-shirts that say stuff like "juicy" being worn by pre-teen girls.

I blame Paris Hilton.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    I also can't stand the t-shirts that say stuff like "juicy" being worn by pre-teen girls.

I blame Paris Hilton.
    Along those lines...anything written on the seat of the pants, IMO, is tacky. ESPECIALLY on pre-teens.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

The thing I hate the most is pleated pants. Just just don't look right on me (or many people for that matter), the pleats never lay right and always look messed up. Plain fronts for me, even on suits.

I really don't hang out with the teenie crowd like paint, so I can't say much else.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Especially if there is any chest hair or gold jewelry involved.

Similarly, men who wear their hair in the "messy" style like they woke up, threw some gel in their hands and just randomly ran their fingers through their hair. I wonder how long it takes to get ready in the morning?
    I used to wear my hair like that. Now I go with a slightly more conservative "messy with a part on the side" look. Chicks dig it, and it shaves about 5 years off your age. And it takes 2 minutes or less to fix it in the morning.

...which is about 1/4 of the time it takes those idiot teens to position a sideways baseball cap at just the right angle. Now *that's* a ridiculous look.

I also get a kick out of seeing kids with their pants hanging literally around their knees. If I was more mean-spirited, I'd push them over, then dash away laughing and videotape them trying to run after me.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Queen Christine

Girls that wear belts over their shirts.. what purpose does it serve?
    Why in the world are leg warmers coming back in style.
    Girls that wear flat, ballet like shoes with 80's sequins on them
    The hair every high school boy has... what is that?
    Popped collars... give me a break
    Chucks, those shoes make me so mad.
    girls that wear mini skirts and tank tops when its 20 degrees outside, and then all you hear is "man i am cold"... REALLY?
    and last but not least.... people that don't match their outfits... a yellow shirt, orange shoes and a pink purse... what are you? a construction sign?
    Just remember the golden rule...Good Pitching Always Beats Good Hitting~ Jason Anderson(Columbus Clippers)
    :coffey: Your my boy Blue!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I used to wear my hair like that. Now I go with a slightly more conservative "messy with a part on the side" look. Chicks dig it, and it shaves about 5 years off your age. And it takes 2 minutes or less to fix it in the morning.
    There's a fine line between "messy, but stylish" and "messy" that I absolutely cannot figure out. No matter what I do, when I try to go for that look I end up looking like hell.

I simply do not get fashion -- every "style" I try out looks just a bit "off" on me. I never feel comfortable wearing anything other than basics: polo shirt and jeans, button down and khakis, etc.

Hence, my opinions on fashion are totally meaningless.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Yeah, this is just terrible. Nothing worse than seeing some hot chick's underwear and crack. I hate that. Creek, just for you, I am going to go up and let every girl I see with this "problem" know that they should pull up their pants right that instant.
    Why thank you Dom, that is so selfless of you!!

Hey you might be able to find some of those girls at the track watching NASCAR. :
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I agree. Tricorns rule.
    I actually own several tricorn hats as a result of numerous visits to Colonial Williamsburg over the years.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    After the loss of most of his possessions in the fire, I'm glad to see that GAC is up and around, and that he didn't lose his speedos.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    After the loss of most of his possessions in the fire, I'm glad to see that GAC is up and around, and that he didn't lose his speedos.

Gaaaaaa!!!!!

I want my donation back.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

In general, I'd say I'm a "whatever floats your boat" sorta guy, but a couple of things do irk me a bit :

- the pants-exposiing-the-butt-crack/underwear style - just plain old not practical and (here's where the opinion part comes in) looks stupid too. It is really hard for me to look at someone dressing this way and think they can make many good decisions.

- any clothing displaying vulgar slogans/profanity that kids can read. This I just don't get. My 4-yr old will soon be reading, and I just don't get putting something profane on your clothing that you wear out in the general public during reasonable hours when kids are out and about.

- any of the "****ty" looks on young girls. Despicable IMO. I can't fathom that a parent can see fit to put their 8 or 10 yr old in some of the stuff I see them wearing.

- the crooked baseball cap thing kind irks me a bit too, but on that one I just keep telling myself to relax as it really doesn't bother anyone! Besides, sometimes I look in the mirror and for whatever reason my cap has slid to the side a bit (I have a couple that just kinda sit on my head funny anyway).

Besides those things, wear whatever, but keep it non-stinky!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?