Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I wish I were Alfonso Soriano

Re: I wish I were Alfonso Soriano

Okay...throw the salaries out the window just for comparison's sake. Suppose Soriano and Todd Walker make the same $. If they did, which one would you choose as you team's starting 2B?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I like him because he runs like a gazelle.
    Odds?

Go Gators!

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Okay...throw the salaries out the window just for comparison's sake. Suppose Soriano and Todd Walker make the same $. If they did, which one would you choose as you team's starting 2B?
    Soriano, because if you throw defense out the window as well(Walker was not likely to ever win a gold glove in the future), it comes down strictly to offense.

Why the fascination with Todd Walker?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Soriano, because if you throw defense out the window as well(Walker was not likely to ever win a gold glove in the future), it comes down strictly to offense.

Why the fascination with Todd Walker?
    The point some people are trying to make is that they like Todd Walker's offensive game better than Soriano's. :all_cohol
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Depends on how my team was structured. If I had a plethora of run producers and was more in need of a better defensive player with average offensive skills than another raker, I'd probably take Walker. If I needed some power and speed in my lineup and wasn't that concerned about infield defense (perhaps I had a quality pitching staff), then I'd take Soriano. Also would depend on the park that I played in and the type of protection my lineup could offer Soriano.

The point is that it's not nearly so cut-and-dry. Soriano's offensive numbers have been embellished by playing in a hitter-friendly park, and his defensive woes have been pushed to the rear because his offense supposedly makes up for it. He's a very good offensive second baseman, to be sure, but he's far from every team's answer at that position.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

i'd rather have a guy like Rich Aurillia, b/c he gives a professional AB, every time up!! (note: throwin' a lil' humor into the conversation)

I'd want Womack

He's been to the playoffs
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?