Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WLW On XM Radio Channel 173

WLW On XM Radio Channel 173

Being from Pennsylvania, listening to WLW only would happen after 9 pm on a clear night. Now with XM radio, I won't miss a game.

I thought I would pass on that WLW will be on channel 173 for all of you XM listeners.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WLW On XM Radio Channel 173

I think you will not get the Reds games via WLW once the season starts because of the MLB contract with XM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Here's the thread about this on the non-baseball board...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43296
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

WAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Being from Pennsylvania, listening to WLW only would happen after 9 pm on a clear night. Now with XM radio, I won't miss a game.

I thought I would pass on that WLW will be on channel 173 for all of you XM listeners.
    actually they won't be airing baseball and football games on 173 because xm has rights to baseball and sirus has rights to football

same reason why you can't get em on the net

Still, I had no idea that was on (I am new to XM) and this is great news for me. Can listen for the sports updates/last game highlights now, not to mention fun stuff like the station on opening day.

As someone who grew up listening to WLW and now lives too far away to hear it (except after dark), I'm glad it's on XM (I'm a subscriber). I can now make my Boston born and raised wife crazy by making her and the kids listen to Burbank and company.

Anyway, this development makes me wonder, will WLW be the only local station on XM make the Reds more popular? Even though the games are blacked out, the other shows talk about the Reds plenty and I would think this may spark some interest in the team. While it isn't the same as WGN on cable in the 80's sparking idiot Cub fans throughout the Country, might it create some interest in our "small market" team?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Still, I had no idea that was on (I am new to XM) and this is great news for me. Can listen for the sports updates/last game highlights now, not to mention fun stuff like the station on opening day.
    I can't remember but did Jim Scott do the steak, eggs and kegs at the Rock Bottom Brewery downtown in the morning of OD last year? Pretty much all the personalities on WLW do something special on that day.

Now you can listen to Andy Furman's

sucky sports (supposed sports show) show like the rest of us. Actually, I refuse to listen to him. That is pretty cool though.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Anyone who listens to WLW on a regular basis care to help this out of towner out and let me know when any Reds coverage is regularly on?

I just saw this the other day but have yet to catch anything on it other than news talk blather.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Anyone who listens to WLW on a regular basis care to help this out of towner out and let me know when any Reds coverage is regularly on?

I just saw this the other day but have yet to catch anything on it other than news talk blather.
    The best stuff I know of is before and after games.

Question for game presentation:

On XM, when do they join the broadcast? Can I get pre/postgame reports on XM, or do they just start at 7pm and cut it off after the last out and some chatter? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19

Basically they have sports talk from 6-9 PM ET weeknights unless the Reds or college basketball games are on.

Then on Sunday mornings they have sports talk from I believe 9-12 ET.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    The best stuff I know of is before and after games.

Question for game presentation:

On XM, when do they join the broadcast? Can I get pre/postgame reports on XM, or do they just start at 7pm and cut it off after the last out and some chatter? Thanks.
    They always start with the pregame show on one of XM's baseball channels and end with the interview show after Marty's scores. Now, you can tune to 173 and get the pre-pre-game stuff and they switch to the channel carrying the games. Of course, this pre-game to post game only applies to home games. Away games are broadcast by the announcers where the Reds are playing.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

XM ROADY 2 AT COMPUSA for $9.99 plus a $15 Compusa Gift Card rebate. Sold out online. Available at some stores. Check the inventory.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ref=performics

Since XM carries the MLB, I would think they will allow the games to be carried on 173.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Basically they have sports talk from 6-9 PM ET weeknights unless the Reds or college basketball games are on.

Then on Sunday mornings they have sports talk from I believe 9-12 ET.
    Also, usually on Saturdays/Sundays in the afternoon after games or in between games...depending on what's going on.

Turn Off Ads?