Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you want to be when you grew up...and what did you turn out to be?

What did you want to be when you grew up...and what did you turn out to be?

Anybody actually turn out to be what you dreamed of as a kid?

I'll start...

Wanted to be: a paramedic (mainly due to the TV show Emercency!)

Turned out to be: a pastor

Guess I ended up in the life-saving business anyway.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What did you want to be when you grew up...and what did you turn out to be?

Professional soccer player

business guy
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I wanted to be (heck, I still want to be) a centerfielder for the Cincinnati Reds.
    I decided to become a lawyer when I was a senior in high school and that's what I have been now for 26+ years ( I'm about to give up on that centerfielder thing).
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

"So a pastor, a business man, and a lawyer were stranded on an island together..."

RB...how far did your "baseball career" take you? Just curious. Mine ended when I graduated from HS.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I wanted to be an astronaut

As for what I ended up being, I'll let you know when I grow up.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I wanted to fly the F-15E Strike Eagle
    I ended up being a pilot for the Ohio State Highway Patrol. Though I'm not flying the F-15E, I still get paid to fly so I have no complaints.

Man Pills

I wanted to be a bad ass. I succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    "So a pastor, a business man, and a lawyer were stranded on an island together..."

RB...how far did your "baseball career" take you? Just curious. Mine ended when I graduated from HS.
    Hey, I never said I was any good; I just stated what I wanted to be. I hit .500 my senior year in high school, yet I received no offers from the Reds (maybe the fact I only had two official at bats that season had something to do with that ).
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I wanted to be President.

I am a high school English teacher.

I wanted to be an Orthopedic Surgeon.

I'm an Intelligence Analyst.

And dman - I still want to fly an F-15E. It has to be an E.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Radio DJ, teacher, or actor

I'm not quite a DJ, but I'm in the business, and have found other directions to look into.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 03-04-2006 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I wanted to be an Orthopedic Surgeon.

I'm an Intelligence Analyst.

And dman - I still want to fly an F-15E. It has to be an E.
    The F-15E with the Conformal Fuel Tanks and all the air-to-ground ordinance sets the "E" apart from any other variant doesn't it?

I wanted to work in public service and I have been fortunate enough to do so for the past 18 years.
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Well I am only 13 and would like to be a sports journalist or reporter. What I will turn out to be? I don't know.

i wanted to be a vet, since i love animals so much...then, one day we took our family dog to the vet and i saw him put some stitches in her leg and i almost pasted out...needless to say, i changed my career objectives...i turned out to be an underwriter...

Turn Off Ads?