Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Go Bucks! Big Ten champs!

Go Bucks! Big Ten champs!

Way to go Bucks! AMAZING season!

It should be enough to get them a #1 seed in the big dance...but they won't get it. They're not media darlings like some of the others.

Here's their case for getting a #1 seed:

--Outright champs of the #1 RPI conference.

--Currently #4 in the RPI rankings

--23-4 record (four losses by a combined 15 points)

Here's why they won't get it:

--they didn't start the season ranked (I know it sounds weird but here's the reality...they had to work their way up in the rankings. Went from unranked to currently #8. If they'd have started higher they'd have finished higher. It's bogus but it's reality. 23-4 and an outright Big Ten championship in a year where the conference is loaded SHOULD get you a #1. Oh well.

Great season! Let's make some noise in the postseason!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Go Bucks! Big Ten champs!

great day to be a buckeye fan and im proud to say im one of them

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Way to go Bucks! AMAZING season!

It should be enough to get them a #1 seed in the big dance...but they won't get it. They're not media darlings like some of the others.

Here's their case for getting a #1 seed:

--Outright champs of the #1 RPI conference.

--Currently #4 in the RPI rankings

--23-4 record (four losses by a combined 15 points)

Here's why they won't get it:

--they didn't start the season ranked (I know it sounds weird but here's the reality...they had to work their way up in the rankings. Went from unranked to currently #8. If they'd have started higher they'd have finished higher. It's bogus but it's reality. 23-4 and an outright Big Ten championship in a year where the conference is loaded SHOULD get you a #1. Oh well.

Great season! Let's make some noise in the postseason!
    A two seed is fine. I haven't seen much of the rest of the top teams nationally play this year, but just traditionally what a #1 seed looks like, I don't think this team fits that description. The CATCH 22 for them is that running the table in the tourney as well would make an even stronger case for the #1, but I'd rather they win one then bow out and get ready for their first game in the Big Dance. Give us the 2 and start hitting the 3s again and it could be a run to the sweet 16 for sure.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I'll take a 2 seed and be just fine. I really hope we get put in Dukes bracket if they somehow hang onto a #1 seed. I don't want to worry about UConn or Memphis until the Final Four if OSU is lucky enough to make it that far.

I'm with you guys. Who'da thunk back in November that we'd even be talkin' 2-seed by now?

How sweet it is!

The Buckeyes will be playing close to home to start the NCAA tournament. Dayton is hosting 1st and 2nd round games so the Buckeyes should start playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    The Buckeyes will be playing close to home to start the NCAA tournament. Dayton is hosting 1st and 2nd round games so the Buckeyes should start playing there.
    That'll be huge. espn.com has them as a 2 in Dayton. They have NC State as a 7 in Dayton. That would be the Bucks 2nd round game...tough draw IMO. BUT the Bucks would have HUGE fan support in Dayton and that'll make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    That'll be huge. espn.com has them as a 2 in Dayton. They have NC State as a 7 in Dayton. That would be the Bucks 2nd round game...tough draw IMO. BUT the Bucks would have HUGE fan support in Dayton and that'll make a difference.
    I'll really be ticked if they are in Dayton for the first two rounds. I'm going down to New Orleans for storm cleanup so I'm not going to regret my decision but it will be tough to see the Bucks in UD Arena and not be there myself. My dad got 2nd row seats to the play-in game last year through a friend and I couldn't go then because of an exam. I imagine either through his friend or through the university I would be able to get some tickets and with UD only 20 mins away it would be perfect. No matter where we end up, I will definately be able to get the game on the radio and/or TV so I will be one of the few wearing scarlet down in N.O.

I am strongly considering a road trip next weekend for part of the Big 10 tourney. Next weekend is the weekend before finals but it would be fun to go to the tournament again and see the Bucks win it and get a #1 seed!

Go Bucks!

Ohio State is now #5 in the RPI and #7 in both polls.

Turn Off Ads?