Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pokey Reese goes from missing to unemployed

Re: Pokey Reese goes from missing to unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by 37red
    TB, I understand your parental instincts but he's over 18 and may have more problems than just being worried about getting grounded. Sounds like life changing decisions, not just skipping out of work if ya know what I mean.
    Personal problems or not, he did skip out of work, 37. All I'm saying is that he should have notified his team that he was leaving, not just walk out with absolutely no communication with ANYONE!

Baseball is his job. Would you just leave your place of work for several days with no communication to them, even if you had personal issues to deal with? That what I thought.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 03-09-2006 at 04:59 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

He might have been having communication with his family.... He might have been having emotional problems or serious depression. Obviously you haven't experienced that type of situation or you would opt to give him a little room. When someone is having certain intense problems the job is the least of their worries, minimum wage to millions of dollars there are somtimes things that are more important. I don't know if he was thinking he'd rather deliver newspapers as opposed to working in professional baseball, I'm sure someone will tell me when they learn the answer to that. If he was just feeling that he would rather go fishing than show up for work then of course he should have given them notice, and get a bad reference. If it turns out to be more than that it's completely understandable, some would never understand that, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    I'd rather Womack were a quitter.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

When my father died, I was devastated. But I called my work.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

When my dad died I was devastated too, but self employed

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    One more thing. How immature is it for him to leave $800,000? I know Pokey thinks he has plenty of money but I bet the day will come when he'll need that.
    Not only that, but after the contract expired, he'd have 10 years of service time and be eligible for the major league pension. Now, not so much.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?