Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thief breaks into Rey Olmedo's vehicle at ST

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Thief breaks into Rey Olmedo's vehicle at ST

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...NEWS/603050787

Thief breaks into player's vehicle

STAFF REPORT

EAST MANATEE -- For the second time in less than a week, authorities say, thieves have targeted a major league baseball player's vehicle.

The latest burglary and theft happened sometime after 10 p.m. Thursday in the 6300 block of Rosefinch Court at the Summerfield Hollow condominiums, according to Manatee County sheriff's reports.

That's where Ray Olmedo, shortstop and second baseman with the Cincinnati Reds, is living. Olmedo, 24, could not be reached for comment, and authorities did not immediately identify what was stolen from his vehicle.

Last week, Tampa Bay Devil Rays pitcher Casey Fossum woke up at his new house in Heritage Harbour, in East Manatee, and saw teammate Scott Kazmir's Cadillac Escalade up on concrete blocks. Someone jacked up the sport utility vehicle and stole its wheels, authorities said.
    I wonder if Kazmir had himself some spinners on his Escalade before they grew legs and walked off. He's pretty gansta.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thief breaks into Rey Olmedo's vehicle at ST

I don't think they should disclose addresses of pro athletes and celebrities in newspapers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...NEWS/603050787

I wonder if Kazmir had himself some spinners on his Escalade before they grew legs and walked off. He's pretty gansta.

My boy Juicy J got 'em.

(btw, I never thought Triple Six Mafia would be winning Oscars when I saw them in concert 5 years ago ... way before they 'blew up.')
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    I don't think they should disclose addresses of pro athletes and celebrities in newspapers.
    Agreed. But its going to be public record anyway if any type of criminal activity happened. Goes for theft, domestic violence, gambling, etc.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Poor Rey..you know his car isn't as fancy as some of the other ones, so much for my theory that parking next to the fancy cars will protect yours
    Go Gators!

Poor Rey..you know his car isn't as fancy as some of the other ones, so much for my theory that parking next to the fancy cars will protect yours
    That theory got disproved to me when i was 10 years old. Family went on a vacation to New York. We went to a Yankee's game the first night. The next morning our Chevy Van was stolen while parked next to a convertiable porche with the roof down and a bmw.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

I wonder if he is still driving a Mustang GT. Not exactly a flashy car like Junior may be driving.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Post your Reuben Rivera jokes below. Wow it is sad that that jumped to mind.

this is the only way that we'll ever hear Olmedo and offense in the same sentence.

It was parked at the condo he's staying in, so maybe it was the best one on the lot.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?