Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rogers, cameraman settle

Rogers, cameraman settle

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...603060343/1050

Tigers pitcher Kenny Rogers reportedly reached a quiet settlement with that Dallas cameraman he accosted last season when he was with the Texas Rangers.

And he had another surprise for Larry Rodriguez, 45: As the mediator left the Dallas office last month, Rogers reached over Rodriguez's shoulder and closed the door in front of him.

"I had no idea where things were headed at that point," Rodriguez told the Dallas Observer. "But I was ready for anything. He wasn't going to sucker-punch me again."

But this time, Rogers just shook his hand, for about 10 minutes.

"He told me he was truly sorry," Rodriguez said. "We talked for about 20 minutes, just us. It was weird how he just held onto my hand, but I think for the first time he was really sorry."

Afterward, the Observer said, Rodriguez's wife, Angelita, had some choice words for Rogers, who listened, apologized again and hugged both of them.

"It meant something because it wasn't scripted," she said.

The Observer put the monetary settlement at about $100,000.

Rodriguez said he suffered a wrenched back when Rogers shoved his camera to the ground before a game last June 29 at Ameriquest Field. Rodriguez later required fairly extensive medical treatment.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rogers, cameraman settle

Nice to see Kenny Rogers at least realizes that what he did was wrong.

He's still a punk.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

and according to his former GM, John Hart..."Kenny has some anger management issues"
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?