Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Womack-isms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Tony Womack-isms

Oh that wacky Tony Womack

-"People just keep throwing stats in your face - like, this guy has a better on-base percentage. Who cares about on-base percentage? It's a matter of where you go at the end of the year. I haven't been home after the end of the year in five out of the last seven years, and I don't plan on going this year."

-"The Yankees took the year away from me, basically. That's how I felt. They took the year away, and it could have been done differently. I just had to deal with it. I dealt with it, and I'm here now and I'm smiling every day."

-"Speed kills. You can't teach it."

-"The only thing that makes me mad is it messes up my baseball card,"

-"The intangibles never show up in the stats."

-People say I don't have a good on-base percentage. But when I get on, a lot of things happen. There are no stats for that."

Re: Tony Womack-isms

Anthony (Long Island): Congratulations on getting through the whole chat without mentioning Tony Womack. Well done.

Steven Goldman: Nor did I bring up Miguel Cairo, I - oops.
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ch...php?chatId=174

"Batting first, seventh, eighth or ninth, Tony Womack just wants to play. I don't have an ego problem."

"I'm going to put a question mark next to last season's numbers on my baseball card. They took the whole season from me."

"I had no control over a lot of what happened last season. The changes weren't made because I did anything wrong."
    Last edited by BRM; 03-07-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    "Batting first, seventh, eighth or ninth, Tony Womack just wants to play. I don't have an ego problem."
    In my experience, people who refer to themselves in the third person always prove to be the most inherently delightful folk. See also: Rickey Henderson, Bobby Brown, Manny Ramirez, P. Diddy,
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    In my experience, people who refer to themselves in the third person always prove to be the most inherently delightful folk. See also: Rickey Henderson, Bobby Brown, Manny Ramirez, P. Diddy,

the man is a world series champion hes got that right to call himself in whatever person he wants

casey was to nice we need some attitude on this team tony will givue us that and some swagger

Quote Originally Posted by WomackRULZZZ250
    the man is a world series champion hes got that right to call himself in whatever person he wants

casey was to nice we need some attitude on this team tony will givue us that and some swagger
    Lonnie Wheeler, is that you?

Where have I seen that before???

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Where have I seen that before???
    Rich Aurilia says HI
    Go Gators!

"I had no control over a lot of what happened last season. The changes weren't made because I did anything wrong."
    The changes were made because he failed to do anything to help the team win.

make sure u guyz save this thread so every1 can send tony some fan mail when he shows you he was right!!!!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

make sure u guyz save this thread so every1 can send tony some fan mail when he shows you he was right!!!!

All I gotta say to this post is wow....

Tony, did you just join Redszone??

All I have to say to that username is it has to be someone that's already on here or a new person that is very in touch with this board the past several months.

Classic...

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Tony, did you just join Redszone??

All I have to say to that username is it has to be someone that's already on here or a new person that is very in touch with this board the past several months.

Classic...
    yes casey fan i just joined redzone. i dont know most kids think im out of touch these days!!!

Steve Goldman sez Hi.

These players are also World Series champions:

Geoff Blum
    Chris Widger
    Luis Vizcaino
    Pokey Reese
    Chad Fox
    Benji Gil
    Orlando Palmeiro
    Ramon Ortiz
    David Dellucci
    Midre Cummings
    Troy Brohawn

You want the Reds to sign them, too? I hear Pokey Reese is available.

BTW - Tony Womack helped his team win a championship by putting up this line in the World Series:

Code:
    G  AB  R  H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO   BA    OBP   SLG  SB 
    7  32  3  8  3  0  0   3  1  7  .250  .294  .344  1
    "Speed Kills," huh? Then how come speedy Tony Womack only stole one base in a 7-game series? And if speed helps you score runs, why did Womack only score three times in the most important series of his career? He struck out more than twice as often as he scored, and he only walked once.

Nice work, Tony! Way to earn that championship!
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 03-09-2006 at 10:37 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?