Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3/7 American Idol...say goodbye to Kinnik and Ayla

3/7 American Idol...say goodbye to Kinnik and Ayla

Kinnik and Ayla...buh-bye.

The "hot ones" tonight, IMO, were Katharine, Kellie, and (I agree with the judges) Mandisa--she blew them all away.

On another note...I'm getting VERY tired of Ryan's act. He's not funny. He rarely says anything interesting. He's not quick-witted. His little interview with Katharine...what was that all about? Are you pregnant? Implying that she'd been sleeping with Kevin...Come on, man! It's a family show. That was just plain ridiculous. Idiot.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3/7 American Idol...say goodbye to Kinnik and Ayla

Much better performances overall tonight...That Mcphee girl got my attention for the first time tonight...still think Kellie will win it all
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Wow, Mandisa was phenomenal tonight. The performance of the competition so far, IMO.

Kinnik is outta here. She's just not that good, and I'm not sure why she made it this far.

But I think Ayla sticks around. She's been pretty good before tonight which will probably be enough. But I think Melissa is the other one to go with Kinnik. She's actually got talent and wasn't too bad tonight, but she's got no personality (although she does seem to have a nice figure she showed off tonight for the first time.... just pointing it out).

I love Katherine's voice, but good lord she annoys the hell out of me. Who makes her wardrobe decisions? Last week was attrocious and this week wasn't pretty. And I say this in the most innocent way. I'm not trying to be dirty, but she did way too much bouncing tonight to be wearing the top she was wearing. If I close my eyes when she's on, she's awesome and could be the best singer in the competition. It's effortless for her. You can totally tell she's had lots of training. But unfortunately, it's not a closed eye competition.

I also really like Lisa Tucker. I know they thought it was too old for her, but I thought she sounded great tonight.

I thought Paris was pretty bad tonight. She didn't sound bad, but she didn't sound good, and the song choice was just as bad as Wind Beneath My Wings. If this would have been the first time we saw any of the girls, I think Paris might be going home. But she's built up enough equity she'll sail through, and I'm glad because she's a great peformer with great talent.

I must be the only one on earth not mesmerized by Kellie. Sorry, but the "aw shucks" dizzy blond routine annoys me to no end. And while she's a good singer, she's not great. Her performance tonight was pretty bad, IMO. If tonight would have been entirely audio without video, and had we not known everyone's "story" ahead of time, I think she would be going home. But America likes thin blondes with blue eyes and nice smiles. If it were about talent alone, I really don't think Kellie would have made it this far. But like Simon said, everyone loves her. But I'm not in the majority on this one.

And if we're gong on cuteness, I think Lisa Tucker is as cute as a button. She's got the like factor for me.

BTW, I picked the bottom three and the ones voted off perfectly last week.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

McPhee is scrumptious. Wowsa.

I thought Melissa was the best tonight. I rarely disagree with Simon, but I thought he was way off on her.

I didn't like either of the "young ones" tonight. Paris chose a bad song and Lisa didn't sound good.

I didn't like Mandissa tonight either. It just seems like she has pretty much sung very similiar songs every week and was a little boring.

Vocally Kellie is the weakest, but she choose a very good song for what she can do. I tend to agree that I think she would be a better overall country singer than Carrie.

I think that Ayla is the only one that I can see being "famous". The rest of them seem like good American Idol contestants. But Ayla has that look and she is very talented at a lot of different things. I also like that she towers over Ryan.

I still think that Katherine is the one to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I must be the only one on earth not mesmerized by Kellie.
    Nope, there's at least two of us! I agree with everything you said about her, and Katherine, too. Kelly is acting the part of the innocent, wide-eyed country girl. She knows it's working, so she's milking it. Perhaps the country will catch onto this soon enough?

Simon even said tonight that he "prefers her to last year's winner", and he said it after saying that she was not the best singer. C'mon, Simon. You're supposed to be all about the talent, not who you "like". Simon is the single biggest influence on the way people vote, and he will see to it that Kelly gets as far as possible, just as he did last year with Carrie.
    Last edited by macro; 03-07-2006 at 10:47 PM.

And can they please get rid of Paula Abdul. She's worthless to the show. I always watch the show delayed so I can skip over her part.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

McPhee.. drool....

They are definitely starting to separate themselves talent wise. Katherine, Mandisa, Lisa, and Paris are easily the tops in terms of vocal talent and each should sail through. Ayla sounds better each night, but has limited range compared to those four.

I liked Kelley and think her personality is endearing and genuine, but she's just not quite cut from the same cloth vocally. Kinnik is just inconsistent -- either pitchy or boring. Melissa is kind of the same. She should be singing in a band, not on American Idol. I'm guessing those last two are the ones gone Thursday.

As for who makes it the longest... I'm just not sure what Katherine could do to get voted off. She has an amazing voice, great range and control, and is gorgeous. Unless she annoys everybody, she'll be there with Chris in the end.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

And can they please get rid of Paula Abdul. She's worthless to the show. I always watch the show delayed so I can skip over her part.
    MWM, I've said this all along: you are a...performer. You're a...shining...performer. Gosh...you're a performer....a true...I can't think of the word...performer.

She talks like she's on something doesn't she?

Yeah, I've said all along that Paula needs to get out of LA away from the booze and the pills. Besides American Idol, what does she do? Go get a normal life somewhere Paula.

I think Kinnick is toast. The other slot I'm not so sure of. Simon tried very hard to put his stamp of disapproval on Melissa, but I thought she was pretty good last night. If she gets voted off, that will be the message that Simon's "vote" carries weight. But someone has to go.

I thought Ayla was good. I don't know if America likes her golden success child of privilege act or not. Seeing her towering over Ryan, I'd like to see her grab him in a headlock and make him bark like a poodle.

I thought Paris and Lisa were blah last night. Everyone raved about Mandisa (what's with the one name thing) but I thought her performance was pretty scattered around. Katharine was great. And I see the everyone loves Kellie thing, but that wore thin on me a few weeks back so she can go any time now.

Seemed that last night, Simon said "you sucked but you're good so you should get a free pass to the next round" a lot.

And what's with all this squatting the women do when they sing?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I thought Ayla was good. I don't know if America likes her golden success child of privilege act or not. Seeing her towering over Ryan, I'd like to see her grab him in a headlock and make him bark like a poodle.
    That's no woman, baby...that's a man, man!!!!

And what's with all this squatting the women do when they sing?
    Or the "gotcha" hand that Paris does....or the intense look anyone gives the camera. I mean, honestly, who does that in the world of music?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    That's no woman, baby...that's a man, man!!!!
    Maybe she shoyuld sing Dude, Looks Like a Lady next show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    MWM, I've said this all along: you are a...performer. You're a...shining...performer. Gosh...you're a performer....a true...I can't think of the word...performer.
    ...and you look great tonight!

Kinnik is a goner, and I think Ayla is going to lose the coin flip with Melissa and get sent home. Ayla is just dull, no one is going to miss her. Melissa is good, but I've got the feeling she's already hit her ceiling, she's not going to last a lot longer. I didn't know whether to give her points for looking like she belonged in the era when she sang or mock her for dredging that 80s look back up. I could feel myself growing a mullet just watching that performance. Katharine annoys me more and more each week, enough with the goofy facial expressions already! Lisa looks to be passing Paris on the list of young girls. Kellie's country girl bit has worn thin on me too (I ate a SAL-MON!). And I think Mandisa is climbing her way into the actual contenders in this competiton.

Turn Off Ads?