Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pearl Jam single

Re: New Pearl Jam single

Off He Goes" are great tracks.
    I especially love this track, it is soooooooooooo about a buddy of mine, going on 25 years and he's living that guy in the songs existance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good god how is Vitalogy so hated? Brilliant album also. That is when Eddie took over.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I especially love this track, it is soooooooooooo about a buddy of mine, going on 25 years and he's living that guy in the songs existance.
    I always imagined my can would sing that song when I would leave for work in the morning.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

never understood the fascination with Pearl Jam. the only PJ song i actually like is "Animal."

i did hear the new single tonight though. it took me til the corus to realize who it was, it was decent.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I went and saw PJ in concert when they decided to tour after the whole TicketMaster vs. Pearl Jam fiasco (around 1991?). My girlfriend at the time was a huge PJ fan. I went b/c she wanted to go. I didn't mind PJ, but was not a big fan. It was after they released No Code. They were only playing venues that were not associated with TicketMaster. We had to call a 1-800 number that was handled by MTV (before the internet thing!). We made sure that we used a phone that had a quick re-dial function.

The show we saw was at the Univ. of Toledo's basketball arena. We roadtripped up there with another couple and got hotel. I believe PJ only played about 16 shows in the US for that tour (perhaps less than that). It was a good show and they were really big at the time. The crowd was really into it.

Back in those days I was playing in hard rock bands. We added two PJ songs in our sets (Jeremy and Black). The only reason we did it (no one in the group was a big PJ fan) was to please the ladies at the gigs. And they would always go bonkers when we'd start in on one of those two songs. Made me look forward to playing those tunes during a gig... young ladies yelling, dancing and praising must have had something to do with it?!?!?
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    never understood the fascination with Pearl Jam. the only PJ song i actually like is "Animal."
    I was never a huge fan either; they were just kind of drilled into me over the years by the numerous die-hard fans that surround me...it wasn't until pretty recently that I started to appreciate them. They're still not my favorite band by any means, and I think a lot of other bands are better and more ambitious musically. But I respect them a lot for how long they've been around, the consistent quality of their songs, a lot of what they stand for...and they've got Vedder's voice which as far as I'm concerned is probably their strongest point musically. It's always going to stand them in good stead. One of the most emotional voices in music I think.

In short: not a soul-moving band for me personally, but I recognize them as great.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

BTW - "Yellow Ledbetter" is probably the band's finest all-around work, vocally and musically. The bluesy solo on that song is very moving.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

This release is horrible. Ugh. I cant believe I ever listened to PJ... they should be used on terrorists in Gitmo...

I went and saw PJ in concert when they decided to tour after the whole TicketMaster vs. Pearl Jam fiasco
    I saw them a mess before they exploded, and at Neil Young Bridge Benifit a few times, the first time I saw them was at a place that held about 1500 -1800 people (The Warfield) they are a very gooo band IMO... haven't seen them in 6 years or so.

Though at a Nirvana concert once I almost bumped into Eddie in teh parking lot.

I saw them for free in the spring of 1992 at KU's then-annual "Day on the Hill" concert. I believe it was in mid-April. HUGE turnout.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I always liked "Black."
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

Turn Off Ads?