Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edwin Encarnacion

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Edwin Encarnacion

Is this kid showcasing his power or what? Hit his 4th homerun today. My goodness. I got to believe Rich Aurillia won't be taking his starting nod at 3rd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edwin Encarnacion

Are you serious? If Rich Aurilia starts at third it would be an asbolute crime.

Last year, Miley committed a similar crime by giving Rich Aurilia the starting nod even though Lopez outplayed him in Spring Training.

Of course, Narron is no Miley...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Wow...EE is having a hell of a spring. He really needs to improve his fielding though, he had an error today.

If Narron doesn't have Eddy out there Opening Day...I might have to shoot him.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

That makes two of us VI_RedsFan

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    Wow...EE is having a hell of a spring. He really needs to improve his fielding though, he had an error today.

If Narron doesn't have Eddy out there Opening Day...I might have to shoot him.
    Yeah, it was a short hop error too, those are generally a pain in the arse and can go either way it the fielder doesn't look too ugly attempting the pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Of course, Narron is no Miley...
    Nope, I think he's a Boone
    Go Gators!

There is a difference between the Lopez and EE situation. Lopez was coming off the ankle injury and had been a major disappointment to date. While he clearly outplayed Aurilia in the spring, he had done nothing but look like a toolsy bust up to breaking out last year. OTH, EE has proven himself at every level, is two years younger, and was plugged in as the regular last year and did not totally embarrass himself.

I really don't think its a valid comparison and EE will be starting at 3B on OD.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

He stinks, he Ks withs the bases loaded.

Anyone know if he got enough at bats last year to take away his rookie status?

EdE had 221 at bats in 69 games.

I think it would be great if on Opening Day, Narron pencils in Aurilia at 3B. Then, just before the first pitch, yells "SYKE!" and sends EE in for Ol' Weakswing McPlayme.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

guttle11, no it wouldnt be great, becuase it might get Narron hurt beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    There is a difference between the Lopez and EE situation. Lopez was coming off the ankle injury and had been a major disappointment to date. While he clearly outplayed Aurilia in the spring, he had done nothing but look like a toolsy bust up to breaking out last year. OTH, EE has proven himself at every level, is two years younger, and was plugged in as the regular last year and did not totally embarrass himself.

I really don't think its a valid comparison and EE will be starting at 3B on OD.
    It's not apples to apples, but it's not apples to oranges, either. It's more like apples to pears.

Both Lopez and EE are youngsters competing with a Proven Veteran(TM) for a starting position. Both Miley and Narron have stated that they don't want to hand the job to a kid on a silver platter. Both Miley and Narron have stated that the starting position will go to whoever earns it in Spring Training.

Granted, there are several differences which you pointed out, but the one significant similarity might end up being the managers' distrust of young players and devotion to Proven Veterans(TM).
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

i agree rich is too slow theese days we need speed out there and players that can have good range on defense and make plays

Turn Off Ads?