Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3-9 Reds vs Bucs

Re: 3-9 Reds vs Bucs

EE needs to learn to bunt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

EdE should never be handed the position so that he continues to homer every day.

2-1 Reds after 4

Craig Wilson took Burns deep.

I for one would like to know which scrappy, table-setter was on in front of this young, snot nose trying to learn how to play the game right. This kid is hard-headed, I tell you. He'll never learn hitting balls out of the park left and right. <sigh> kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover
    2-1 Reds after 4

Craig Wilson took Burns deep.
    Wilson even beats us up in ST
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I don't understand all the snideness when it comes to Encarnacion. I don't think anyone is unhappy with his performance. I think it's what everyone has been hoping for. Looks like the kid is stepping up. Keep it up, Eddie. Win your position on performance.

I don't understand all the snideness when it comes to Encarnacion. I don't think anyone is unhappy with his performance. I think it's what everyone has been hoping for. Looks like the kid is stepping up. Keep it up, Eddie. Win your position on performance.
    People agree with you. It's all sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I don't understand all the snideness when it comes to Encarnacion. I don't think anyone is unhappy with his performance. I think it's what everyone has been hoping for.
    Well, I wouldn't say everyone. :aurilia:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Honestly, I can't see how Narron can avoid making Encarnacion the starter from what we've seen so far.

Mike Burns apparently threw a strike to Craig Wilson, whose homer cut the Reds' lead to 2-1 (middle of 6).

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Well, I wouldn't say everyone. :aurilia:
    Hey, he's a team guy now, remember? He even has a first baseman's mitt. I've been feeling like I need to retire that Roman emperor-esque nickname I gave him last year.

I can't speak for the rest, Randy, but I am just having fun joining in and poking at a theme that has been going on for awhile. Nothing offensive meant by it. I agree - I am sure Narron, et al, recognize what is going on right now in re: to EE and the 3B position. Just having fun with re: to the quotes that have come from Narron recently.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    People agree with you. It's all sarcasm.
    Exactly. Plus, there's still that hangover from Felipe getting horked last spring.

In this case I think it's particularly good-natured sarcasm because it's starting to look like a mortal lock that EdE's getting the 3B job.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    Hey, he's a team guy now, remember? He even has a first baseman's mitt. I've been feeling like I need to retire that Roman emperor-esque nickname I gave him last year.
    Rich will be happy no matter where he is playing.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    I took those comments to mean that Rich saw Encarnacion was gonna rake and outplay him defensively and though "oh crap, if I don't play the team-player card soon, I'm gonna get punked..."
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Echo others, I read the postings re: EE's hot start as saracsm that we have had to be rooting for that so that he doesn't lose his spot.

And, really, at least the comments here make some sense. I couldn't resist responding to a couple at Lancaster's site that are critical of EE for hitting too many homeruns and say that he should be concentrating on oppostite field singles.

At least that view hasn't shown up here as of yet...

Turn Off Ads?