Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Another favorite was when Jim had Dwight convinced that the Dunder-Mifflin Infinity Web site had become "self-aware" during the Man vs. Machine sales challenge...

Dwight: "How do I know you are not Jim?"

Computer: "What is a Jim?"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Hey Redhook:

Just curious--what breed of dog is that in your avatar?

Apologies for the thread hijacking...
    She's a chow/sheltie mix, just over a year old. There might be a little golden retriever or collie in there as well. She really has a beautiful coat.

Ok, back to the Office....
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    She's a chow/sheltie mix, just over a year old. There might be a little golden retriever or collie in there as well. She really has a beautiful coat.

Ok, back to the Office....
    She is a beautiful dog. I thought she resembled the breed of our dog (we have a Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever).

And now back to your regular programming...

What is the end game going to be for the MSPC??? Surely he will end up at the helm of Dunder-Mifflin again....

Good question. I'd love to read some hypotheses.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Good question. I'd love to read some hypotheses.
    The easy one, although I'd like the writers to come up with something better than I can in a few minutes, is that MSPC has mild sucess which creates a nuisance more than anything for DM, so they buy him out and bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The easy one, although I'd like the writers to come up with something better than I can in a few minutes, is that MSPC has mild sucess which creates a nuisance more than anything for DM, so they buy him out and bring him back.
    Yeah. Good call. That WOULD seem to be the "easy way out."

I could see that happening but I too would like to see them come up with something better.

My guess:

I think that the new boss of DM ends up getting fired for an improper relationship with either Angela or Kelly.

They will have no choice but to bring Michael back into the fold.

My guess:

I think that the new boss of DM ends up getting fired for an improper relationship with either Angela or Kelly.

My guess is the new secretary - he seems to have eyes for her.

I did crack up at one of the early lines.
    Andy: My maid died! (said as the gang were celebrating that Kevin actually transferred a call correctly).

My guess:

That could work, but remember Michael and Holly and Jan and Micheal each had relations known to DM. Yeah Holly got transferred, but why would the new boss be fired for the same thing. For good writing to work the writers have to think of a reason for A) the new guy to quit/be fired and B) a reason for DM to bring back Michael (the harder of the 2 to write).

Plus that guy seems too smart to get caught by anything like that. If he was going to hook up with that secretary he'd do it in a smart fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    We want Creed! We want Creed!
    I literally LOL'd during the scene at Michael's free pancake luncheon when Creed was explaining to him how he cooked the pancakes wrong, and Michael says "but they're shaped like paper." which unfuriated Creed and he says "You know what? I don't even want these!" and takes about 5 pancakes out of his coat and flops them back down on the table.

That guy is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I literally LOL'd during the scene at Michael's free pancake luncheon when Creed was explaining to him how he cooked the pancakes wrong, and Michael says "but they're shaped like paper." which unfuriated Creed and he says "You know what? I don't even want these!" and takes about 5 pancakes out of his coat and flops them back down on the table.

That guy is hilarious.
    In small doses, I agree they need more Creed but you can not over use him.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    That could work, but remember Michael and Holly and Jan and Micheal each had relations known to DM. Yeah Holly got transferred, but why would the new boss be fired for the same thing. For good writing to work the writers have to think of a reason for A) the new guy to quit/be fired and B) a reason for DM to bring back Michael (the harder of the 2 to write).
    In some work places, the relationship between two equals (which, technically, am office manager and HR are) is not as frowned upon...however, the relationship between a district manager and an underling would be quite frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    In some work places, the relationship between two equals (which, technically, am office manager and HR are) is not as frowned upon...however, the relationship between a district manager and an underling would be quite frowned upon.
    What about Michael and Jan. Although they did sign the "love document". It would be a hard sell to the audience because we've seen Micheal and Jan pursue a relationship and have a secret rondevous to the ultimate destination...Sandals, Jamaica

All I'm saying is we've seen so many inter/intra office romances over the past few years, it would seem contrived to have the new boss (gotta learn his name) fired over one.

Turn Off Ads?