Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Meh...

I did like the part last night when Dwight and Andy were playing the guitar/banjo and singing. That was pretty funny.
    Hey Redhook:

Just curious--what breed of dog is that in your avatar?

Apologies for the thread hijacking...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Meh...

I did like the part last night when Dwight and Andy were playing the guitar/banjo and singing. That was pretty funny.
    I was actually very impressed. Andy is a pretty good musician.

Man, this show has really lost it for me. There's some funny things from time to time, but overall it's completely gotten away from what made the show so funny in the beginning - parodying office life with common office themes such as sexual harassment, downsizing, promotions, the bad boss. That's when it was good. Now it's about all the personal drama and it's gone too over the top for me. I hope it gets back on track.

I do find the fact that Dwight is actually befirending a guy like Andy to be funny. And the idea that someone actually doesn't like Jim and he doesn't know how to handle it is pretty funny as well.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I'm a new viewer to the show. I've been watching the reruns on TBS and the new episodes this season. I can see why people don't like the changes. However, how many times can you have Jim playing pranks on Dwight before it gets stale? How many jokes can you do about Angela's cats or Oscar being gay or Kevin being fat or Dwight being a psychopath? I'm interested to see where they are going with the MSPC angle. Who saw that coming?

A big beef I have with the show is they make Michael too stupid. I think they can write funny stuff without making Michael out to be a blithering idiot. I'd like to see some of the secondary characters have plotlines. They don't have to be for more than one episode. Ensamble shows sometimes have trouble getting secondary characters involved when the show starts to get popular and they fixate on 2-3 primary characters because they don't want to lose the fans that made the show popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm a new viewer to the show. I've been watching the reruns on TBS and the new episodes this season. I can see why people don't like the changes. However, how many times can you have Jim playing pranks on Dwight before it gets stale? How many jokes can you do about Angela's cats or Oscar being gay or Kevin being fat or Dwight being a psychopath? I'm interested to see where they are going with the MSPC angle. Who saw that coming?
    I totally agree. This show has improved leaps and bounds from beginning to end of this season in my opinion. My complaints were that it was becoming cutesy, Jim/Pam-lovefest centric...so what did they do? They split them up and put Jim in a loser position. It's a great twist and they're doing a good job mixing these up and evolving storylines, as well as incorporating current events like the state of the economy. People are averse to change in TV shows, but they have to do it. What made it great in the beginning isn't enough to sustain forever. This show has long surpassed the British one in terms of number of seasons, so they're moving along. I've loved the last few episodes I've seen (I've missed quite a few though).
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Remember the first episode with the black guy who has Ryan's old job? I meant to bring this up earlier in this thread but forgot... Jim wore a TUXEDO that episode. I'm sorry, but that was totally out of character for Jim and was actually pretty stupid. The whole premise of Jim actually wearing a tuxedo to work as some lame way to make fun of Dwight was just dumb.

I did love them going to find Ryan in the bowling alley. I LOL'ed at that.

"She'd be a NYC 6 but she's a Scranton 7." hahaha

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Remember the first episode with the black guy who has Ryan's old job? I meant to bring this up earlier in this thread but forgot... Jim wore a TUXEDO that episode. I'm sorry, but that was totally out of character for Jim and was actually pretty stupid. The whole premise of Jim actually wearing a tuxedo to work as some lame way to make fun of Dwight was just dumb.
    This is the same charaacter that showed up at work dressed like Dwight. I didn't think it was a stretch.

"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    This is the same charaacter that showed up at work dressed like Dwight. I didn't think it was a stretch.

"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." LOL!
    Yeah I thought about that... I dunno, the tuxedo thing just struck me as lame.

(I loved the Dwight ensemble, however.)

In other words, I can see how dressing up and acting like Dwight would screw with his head. How did dressing up in a tuxedo mess with Dwight's mind? He would just shrug that off or laugh at Jim for being stupid.

I did love them going to find Ryan in the bowling alley. I LOL'ed at that.

"She'd be a NYC 6 but she's a Scranton 7." hahaha

I really liked the one where Dwight was making Andy crazy by trying to get into Cornell. That was one of the first ones I watched in its entirety.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I really liked the one where Dwight was making Andy crazy by trying to get into Cornell. That was one of the first ones I watched in its entirety.
    hahaha yep that is a good one.

Dunno if you've seen this one... Andy has this really obnoxious ringer for his cellphone that he made on his computer. He took his voice singing this tweedle-dee song and overlaid it with his own voice like 5 times, so it's like he's his own acapella group...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPn5JsZiMg

hahaha yep that is a good one.

Dunno if you've seen this one... Andy has this really obnoxious ringer for his cellphone that he made on his computer. He took his voice singing this tweedle-dee song and overlaid it with his own voice like 5 times, so it's like he's his own acapella group...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPn5JsZiMg

I did see that one. Drove Andy to anger management therapy.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

My favorite Jim/Dwight prank was the classic "put all of Dwight's things into the vending machine". Another great one was when Jim was working in NY and faxing Dwight messages from "Future Dwight".

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I wonder how many staplers have really been encased in jello around the world?

We want Creed! We want Creed!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    We want Creed! We want Creed!
    Yes! More Creed!
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    My favorite Jim/Dwight prank was the classic "put all of Dwight's things into the vending machine". Another great one was when Jim was working in NY and faxing Dwight messages from "Future Dwight".
    My personal favorite was when Jim began inserting quarters into Dwight's phone handset on an incremental basis. He did this so that Dwight would not notice and begin to compensate for the additional weight of his phone.

After he did this for a while, he suddenly removed all of the quarters from the handset--causing Dwight to crack himself in the head when he answered a call.

Absolutely brilliant.

Turn Off Ads?