Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

The Office

Does anyone watch the show "The Office" on NBC? It is hilarious. Steve Carell may be the funniest actor on TV. There is a new episode on tonight if anyone is interested in watching it. It should be on in about fifteen minutes, after My Name Is Earl (which is also funny BTW).
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    Does anyone watch the show "The Office" on NBC? It is hilarious. Steve Carell may be the funniest actor on TV. There is a new episode on tonight if anyone is interested in watching it. It should be on in about fifteen minutes, after My Name Is Earl (which is also funny BTW).
    Isn't it a rerun?? I think I've seen the one about diversity before.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11
    Oh I guess it is. I just started watching it the show anyway (I've downloaded like 10 episodes from this season off iTunes) so I haven't seen this episode before. Is this one from the first or second season?

I think it's from the first season... It's so hilarious, though, that I watched it again, and STILL cracked up.

"You wanna go to the beach?"
    "Sure."
    "You wanna get high?"
    "No."
    "I think you do, mon."
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

If you like the American version, you absolutely have to see the original British version. It is much funnier, which is saying a lot as The Office is the most hilarious show on television right now. The star of the BBC version is Ricky Gervais, one of the writers of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11
    I think it's from the first season... It's so hilarious, though, that I watched it again, and STILL cracked up.

"You wanna go to the beach?"
    "Sure."
    "You wanna get high?"
    "No."
    "I think you do, mon."

The thing I like is that the show avoids the cliches for sitcoms. For example, there is no gorgeous woman to attract the base male audience. Of course, I can only imagine that an episode would be on sexual harrassment in the workplace if there were with Carell being accused.

Further, the actors are very normal appearance wise, which helps the characters they portray be more believable. With the way the boss acts, you have to think that these people have to keep this job because they are questionably employable anywhere else. I find myself sitting there imagining how long I would last with that joker as my boss.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    The thing I like is that the show avoids the cliches for sitcoms. For example, there is no gorgeous woman to attract the base male audience. Of course, I can only imagine that an episode would be on sexual harrassment in the workplace if there were with Carell being accused.

Further, the actors are very normal appearance wise, which helps the characters they portray be more believable. With the way the boss acts, you have to think that these people have to keep this job because they are questionably employable anywhere else. I find myself sitting there imagining how long I would last with that joker as my boss.
    I think Jenna Fischer is gorgeous, although I agree they don't present her character, Pam, that way. I also like the fact that there is the ever present "documentary" camera there. They often hold the camera for an extra few seconds, almost to the point of being uncomfortable, on characters after their initial reaction to a situation. Along with The Simpsons, the best show on TV
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

One of my favorite moments on this show was when Jim put all of Dwights stuff in the vending machine, including his wallet. Then Jim gave him a bag of dimes to buy it all back. Priceless.

This is easily the funniest show on television right now...
    Baseball is life

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRed
    This is easily the funniest show on television right now...
    I wholeheartedly agree. King Of Queens is the second funniest though, and My Name Is Earl is third funniest. Will And Grace is funny too.

easily one of my favorites. i was a fan of the UK show before this one hit the air, and have been vary pleased with the way this one has turned out.

I recently got into The Office since TBS began airing it on Tuesday nights. I got seasons 1-3 on DVD for xmas. I must say, this is the funniest show on television (neck and neck with Curb).

The Office is the funniest show on network tv, but South Park is the funniest show on tv...

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11 View Post
    There aren't any more new episodes of The Office in the can. It was one of the first shows to run out of episodes after the strike started, thanks in part to Steve Carell's sick-out to avoid crossing the writers' picket lines.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?