Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    To me, the show has been on a downslope since Pam and Jim got married.

Probably even before that.

It's getting to into "what else is there to watch" territory.
    I don't think it was necessarily them getting together. They were eventually going to do it and they weren't going to end the series with them getting together like Tim and Dawn on the UK office. The show was/is making too much money to take off the air. There have been some very funny episodes after Jim & Pam got together. The Michael Scott Paper Company episodes were very good.

I will admit it isn't as funny as it used to be but I chalk that up to longevity. Plus there's no real tension anymore. In the UK version, no one liked David Brent except Gareth. David would do and say idiotic things and be the object of ridicule and it was OK because no one liked him. In the US version, Michael was a toned down version of Brent at first. But he evolved to where people more or less tolerated him but there was still humor because he would say/do idiotic things and it was OK because the staff didn't love him despite his best efforts to be loved. Eventually he became beloved and the things he would do or say weren't as funny because the shock value wore off and the staff just accepted what he did.

Andy is basically one of them. He will say and do some odd things but again there's no real conflict between him and the staff. There have been some funny things that have happened but Andy's interaction with others isn't funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

I like the newer episodes. Once they got rid of Will Ferrell and concentrated on the regular characters, the show got good again. I always thought too much time was spent on Pam and Jim and now I'm getting what I wanted. The other characters all had potential, and I like what's being done with them. James Spader is perfect for the show, especially the way he's being used.

-The Insider-

I just recently got into The Office. My roommate and I started from the pilot about a month ago and finally caught up fully tonight. I haven't gotten tired or annoyed by it. Then again it may because I've watched them all in five weeks and still in love with Pam. I do like Spader's character.

I might be in the minority, but I think Robert California is a huge upgrade to the Michael Scott of the last few seasons. The series isn't at the level it was the first couple of seasons but it is much improved in comparison to the end of Carrell's run.

jredmo2

I also enjoy Mr. California. So does Salon, apparently.

But I totally agree with whoever said they should just make him the head of the Scranton office.

I don't get why they didn't just do that in the first place. Maybe they didn't anticipate the character working as well as he has, or weren't sure and didn't want to go all-in on an unknown, but the plotting would have been a lot more natural if they had simply done that. I mean, at some point they're going to run out of excuses for him to keep dropping by, right?

Does anybody even know why Robert California is operating out of Scranton and not Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    I also enjoy Mr. California. So does Salon, apparently.

But I totally agree with whoever said they should just make him the head of the Scranton office.

I don't get why they didn't just do that in the first place. Maybe they didn't anticipate the character working as well as he has, or weren't sure and didn't want to go all-in on an unknown, but the plotting would have been a lot more natural if they had simply done that. I mean, at some point they're going to run out of excuses for him to keep dropping by, right?

Does anybody even know why Robert California is operating out of Scranton and not Florida?

I don't know for sure, but the Office is a big Ensemble cast and at least three are marketable Film actors. To keep this cast together takes an awful lot of money. The more Robert California is on screen, the more demand for monetary compensation. If you are already laying out big money for Andy, Dwight, and Jim, you cannot afford to being laying out more money for Robert. Agents play a part, and at one point Ed Helms agent probably negotiated a bigger role for him based on he could do movies instead. Most of the Office Cast contracts end at the end of this season, so we could see some Firings and Hirings at the end of this season. Maybe Robert California will have a bigger role next year?

This thread has fallen off the radar. I must admit, I think it is about time to shut the series down. They also want to spin off Dwight to his own show. I don't think that will work out too well.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    This thread has fallen off the radar. I must admit, I think it is about time to shut the series down. They also want to spin off Dwight to his own show. I don't think that will work out too well.
    I actually enjoy the show this year more than past years.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I actually enjoy the show this year more than past years.
    I didn't watch last nights episode yet but I have enjoyed this series. I think the Michael Scott character got stale and needed a change. I think the Robert California character is done in a good dosage, not overpowering, but I think that character adds something to the show. More than anything I like Jim and Dwight going at it this year.

Last night's episode was the best one in quite some time, I thought.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think the Robert California character is done in a good dosage, not overpowering, but I think that character adds something to the show.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but James Spader is leaving the show.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I am enjoying this season.

The Andy and Erin relationship...or wanna be relationship is very annoying to me. I do not think Erin is that funny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The Andy and Erin relationship...or wanna be relationship is very annoying to me. I do not think Erin is that funny at all.
    I think she's been the best part of the show this year.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Looks like more people are jumping ship, Rainn Wilson, Paul Lieberstein and Mindy Kaling.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...re-dwight.html
    I wonder what it takes to just end it?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?