Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 675

Thread: The Office

  1. #196
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,888

    Re: The Office

    Another favorite was when Jim had Dwight convinced that the Dunder-Mifflin Infinity Web site had become "self-aware" during the Man vs. Machine sales challenge...

    Dwight: "How do I know you are not Jim?"

    Computer: "What is a Jim?"

    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Hey Redhook:

    Just curious--what breed of dog is that in your avatar?

    Apologies for the thread hijacking...
    She's a chow/sheltie mix, just over a year old. There might be a little golden retriever or collie in there as well. She really has a beautiful coat.

    Ok, back to the Office....
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  4. #198
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,888

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    She's a chow/sheltie mix, just over a year old. There might be a little golden retriever or collie in there as well. She really has a beautiful coat.

    Ok, back to the Office....
    She is a beautiful dog. I thought she resembled the breed of our dog (we have a Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever).

    And now back to your regular programming...

    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  5. #199
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: The Office

    What is the end game going to be for the MSPC??? Surely he will end up at the helm of Dunder-Mifflin again....

  6. #200
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,955

    Re: The Office

    Good question. I'd love to read some hypotheses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  7. #201
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Good question. I'd love to read some hypotheses.
    The easy one, although I'd like the writers to come up with something better than I can in a few minutes, is that MSPC has mild sucess which creates a nuisance more than anything for DM, so they buy him out and bring him back.

  8. #202
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,955

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The easy one, although I'd like the writers to come up with something better than I can in a few minutes, is that MSPC has mild sucess which creates a nuisance more than anything for DM, so they buy him out and bring him back.
    Yeah. Good call. That WOULD seem to be the "easy way out."

    I could see that happening but I too would like to see them come up with something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  9. #203
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,888

    Re: The Office

    My guess:

    I think that the new boss of DM ends up getting fired for an improper relationship with either Angela or Kelly.

    They will have no choice but to bring Michael back into the fold.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  10. #204
    Baseball card addict MrCinatit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Piqua
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    My guess:

    I think that the new boss of DM ends up getting fired for an improper relationship with either Angela or Kelly.

    They will have no choice but to bring Michael back into the fold.
    My guess is the new secretary - he seems to have eyes for her.

    I did crack up at one of the early lines.
    Andy: My maid died! (said as the gang were celebrating that Kevin actually transferred a call correctly).

  11. #205
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    My guess:

    I think that the new boss of DM ends up getting fired for an improper relationship with either Angela or Kelly.

    They will have no choice but to bring Michael back into the fold.
    That could work, but remember Michael and Holly and Jan and Micheal each had relations known to DM. Yeah Holly got transferred, but why would the new boss be fired for the same thing. For good writing to work the writers have to think of a reason for A) the new guy to quit/be fired and B) a reason for DM to bring back Michael (the harder of the 2 to write).

  12. #206
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,955

    Re: The Office

    Plus that guy seems too smart to get caught by anything like that. If he was going to hook up with that secretary he'd do it in a smart fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  13. #207
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,609

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    We want Creed! We want Creed!
    I literally LOL'd during the scene at Michael's free pancake luncheon when Creed was explaining to him how he cooked the pancakes wrong, and Michael says "but they're shaped like paper." which unfuriated Creed and he says "You know what? I don't even want these!" and takes about 5 pancakes out of his coat and flops them back down on the table.

    That guy is hilarious.

  14. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,582

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I literally LOL'd during the scene at Michael's free pancake luncheon when Creed was explaining to him how he cooked the pancakes wrong, and Michael says "but they're shaped like paper." which unfuriated Creed and he says "You know what? I don't even want these!" and takes about 5 pancakes out of his coat and flops them back down on the table.

    That guy is hilarious.
    In small doses, I agree they need more Creed but you can not over use him.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  15. #209
    Baseball card addict MrCinatit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Piqua
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    That could work, but remember Michael and Holly and Jan and Micheal each had relations known to DM. Yeah Holly got transferred, but why would the new boss be fired for the same thing. For good writing to work the writers have to think of a reason for A) the new guy to quit/be fired and B) a reason for DM to bring back Michael (the harder of the 2 to write).
    In some work places, the relationship between two equals (which, technically, am office manager and HR are) is not as frowned upon...however, the relationship between a district manager and an underling would be quite frowned upon.

  16. #210
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    In some work places, the relationship between two equals (which, technically, am office manager and HR are) is not as frowned upon...however, the relationship between a district manager and an underling would be quite frowned upon.
    What about Michael and Jan. Although they did sign the "love document". It would be a hard sell to the audience because we've seen Micheal and Jan pursue a relationship and have a secret rondevous to the ultimate destination...Sandals, Jamaica

    All I'm saying is we've seen so many inter/intra office romances over the past few years, it would seem contrived to have the new boss (gotta learn his name) fired over one.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25