Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Man, they must have been pretty far behind if the strike made them run out of episodes in March, 2006! (which is when all the posts on this thread up until number 13 were made.... )
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Office and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are the two best things on TV. They're really the only things I make sure I watch.

The best part about The Office are the secondary characters. Creed and Kevin are always hilarious. Creed and Darryl have really been the unsung hero of the (short) 4th season, and Kelly has made a nice transition from annoying to hilariously annoying. Toby and Phyllis are great. C-Monster in the Safety Training episode was classic.

I think Kevin locking the bat in the kitchen and saying "I'm...a...hero" is the hardest I've ever laughed during a TV show. Creed trying to act young one of the episodes this year was hilarious, too. "Sometimes you gotta ride the bull. Later, skater." Creed at the Fun run...

"I'm registering in the over 75 division"

"You're over 75?"

"I'll be 83 this year. What is the prize money?"

The main characters and storylines are usually great, but the supporting cast is always tremendous. I'm really sad that the 4th season has been interrupted. It had some over the top moments, but overall it was great. Right up there with most of Season 2.

Koechner's Todd Packer is another stroke of genius.

One of my favorite moments is the beginning of the first episode of season 3 when Dwight pretends like he is crying his eyes out mourning the loss of Jim from the Scranton branch then immediately turns serious: FALSE. I DO NOT MISS JIM.

I just got into this show a couple nights ago. My girlfriend and other friends had always talked about it so I tried watching a couple episodes but I just couldn't get into it so I didn't really try after that. I was at my girlfriend's a few nights ago and she had the season 1 DVD so I borrowed it and gave it another chance. I watched all 6 episodes that night in one sitting. I'm definitely a big fan of the show now and I'm going to have to get the season 2 and 3 DVD's so I can keep going after the writer's strike.

Question. Any word on when the strike will be over? It's pretty much ruining my favorite two shows right now. The is the final season of Scrubs as well, which makes it all the more annoying.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Koechner's Todd Packer is another stroke of genius.
    I really hope they write him in to a couple more episodes, Koechner is absolutely perfect in that role.

If you are into bloopers, all 3 season's DVDs contain some very funny moments. I can't believe those people can ever keep a straight face around Rainn Wilson and Steve Carrell.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Few things can brighten my day like a dose of Dwight K. Schrute.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    The best part about The Office are the secondary characters. Creed and Kevin are always hilarious. Creed and Darryl have really been the unsung hero of the (short) 4th season, and Kelly has made a nice transition from annoying to hilariously annoying. Toby and Phyllis are great. C-Monster in the Safety Training episode was classic.
    It's the secondary characters which have really helped the show thrive as time goes by. Creed is one of the funniest guys around, and it seems that, eventually, they will make a Grassroots reference.
    Kevin probably makes me laugh harder, though. Watching him giggle like a schoolboy during any sexual reference is classic.
    The scene where Stanly is yelling at Ryan the Temp for talking with his daughter is a classic moment in TV - as is the time Stanly took Ryan on a sales call.
    Toby reminds me so much of our HR at work, it is scary.
    It is amazing how fresh the show has remained in its forth season - and is one of those very rare shows which has, IMHO, surpassed the original.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Man, they must have been pretty far behind if the strike made them run out of episodes in March, 2006! (which is when all the posts on this thread up until number 13 were made.... )
    I missed that. I guess I looked at the last couple of dates and assumed it was a newer thread.
    /r/reds

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Question. Any word on when the strike will be over? It's pretty much ruining my favorite two shows right now. The is the final season of Scrubs as well, which makes it all the more annoying.
    The last negotiating session in December did not go well, as one side got up and walked away from the bargaining table. The informed speculation I've read from Hollywood executives quoted in the media predicts this strike will last longer than the '88 WGA strike, which went on for 5 months.
    /r/reds

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Steve Carrell actually cited a specific medical condition when calling in sick, so as not to cross the picket lines. I won't repeat it here but you can find it on IMDB, under The Office "Trivia"
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I watch it when I can, which isn't often. I just started paying attention last year. I am totally smitten with the character Pam and Jenna Fischer and being a big fan of the Grass Roots I like Creed as well.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I am a huge fan of The Office...I just am holding out hope that the Jim and Pam romance will not ruin the show and that the romance will not go horribly wrong for shock value...in fact, I hope it just kind of gets down played and linger in the background...also, I'm not so sure how they can keep up the documentary angle...why would someone document a paper company for 4 years??? It may be time to go more straight sitcom and throw out the talking to the camera...

Turn Off Ads?