Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The puking in the beginning was hilarious. I could have lived without the rest. AM I the only one that finds the Michael Scott uncomfortable speeches like not funny at all. The whole standing up and talking about "different sensations" was just weird for me. I never find that stuff funny.
    I generally feel like I have to leave the room as soon as Michael starts talking. Literally he makes me that uncomfortable which I suppose is part of the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I generally feel like I have to leave the room as soon as Michael starts talking. Literally he makes me that uncomfortable which I suppose is part of the point.
    Ha! I do the same. I always watch it on the DVR and I can't tell you how many times I wind up fast forwarding his uncomfortable moments. There's funny uncomfortable and then too awkward uncomfortable.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The show would be better off now without Micheal, but sadly network tv doesn't work that way.
    Go Gators!

They call me "chef"

Don't want to sound like that guy but season 2 was IMO the peak of the show. Episodes 2 through about 10 of the second season were absolutely brilliant and exciting to watch each week. We were still discovering all the characters, the Jim and Pam and Roy stuff was fresh and seemed urgent, Dwight was at his peak and perfect balance of creepy but still believable. Stanley and Creed would always have one hilarious moment or line. Michael's hatred for Toby was another hilarious thing to look forward to each show. Somewhere in season 3 though they started to "broaden" all the characters a bit, and soon every single character got their own episode/story, their own love triangle, and overall everyone's behavior just became insane. The funny used to be these office workers were trapped in an office with Michael the buffoon, but to be honest, he isn't even the weirdest or most annoying character on the show anymore. Still, even a deteriorating Office was good (and of course Creed has been consistently amazing even in spite of the show's decline) but last season's office retreat episode was the first time the show became unwatchable to me. It seemed like an entirely different writing staff wrote the show and characters were acting wildly out of character to a confusing degree. I haven't seen this season but the rest of last season was ok but usually forgettable. Ed Helms has been the bright spot of the past few waning seasons.
    Last edited by Larry Schuler; 10-09-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Best Office show ever.

They could 100% not have ever handled that wedding better in a million, trillion tries.

I was blown away. The wedding was absolutely perfect. Jim had tears in his eyes as the people from the office danced up the aisle, and Jim/Pam got to do it their own way and allow everyone to have their fun.

Couldn't have been better. Plus the Andy overload was fantastic.

This show still has something left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Best Office show ever.

They could 100% not have ever handled that wedding better in a million, trillion tries.

I was blown away. The wedding was absolutely perfect. Jim had tears in his eyes as the people from the office danced up the aisle, and Jim/Pam got to do it their own way and allow everyone to have their fun.

Couldn't have been better. Plus the Andy overload was fantastic.

This show still has something left in the tank.
    I agree with everything you said here. Except that is was the best Office episode ever. But I thought they handled the wedding exceptionally well. My thought going in to the episode was "let's get this wedding over with so we can move on" but they did a great job with it. John (Jim) did some brilliant acting. Stanley dancing down the isle was classic. Watch his face.

My only gripe- I'm already sick of the Michael/Pam's mom story line and it hasn't even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The puking in the beginning was hilarious.
    Especially the part where Creed continues to eat his noodles while everyone around him is puking their guts out.

The end with Kevin was also very funny, and actually more disgusting than the puking at the start of the show.

By the way, it appears to me that Ed Helms may be the most talented person on this cast. And it looks as if Andy and the new secretary could be going somewhere.
    Where we gonna go?

Job well done Office cast and crew.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The show would be better off now without Micheal, but sadly network tv doesn't work that way.
    Totally disagree. Michael is still hilarious and unpredictable.

I liked the first half hour or so. The actual wedding at the church I could have done without. All the dancing and stuff felt so contrived. The marriage on the boat was sweet. The opening was gross but kinda funny - especially with Creed still eating his noodles.

Dwight and Andy were the best parts of the show. Dwight complaining to all those kids about Jim; his 3 wolves T Shirt, finding those twins. I think he's better this season than he was last year. Last year he was borderline psychotic. I think Andy/Ed Helms is getting a push this year. All the problems that came from tearing his scrotum were hilarious. While I didn't really enjoy the dancing during the wedding, Andy dancing with his walker was a riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I agree with the Baumer.....some of the characters are like different people. Creed can have his own show...though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I agree with the Baumer.....some of the characters are like different people. Creed can have his own show...though.

I don't know if his character can sustain a whole show. Has even one episode ever been centered around him?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I don't know if his character can sustain a whole show. Has even one episode ever been centered around him?
    Kind of, the episode where he was worried about cutbacks and he used the office toner to dye his hair. Hilarious.
    Where we gonna go?

It might go the way of Kramer.....but it would be fun to try. Maybe they can do flashbacks to his younger days...considering he probably has those anyways. He was an acid dropping hippie...right?

Turn Off Ads?