Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It might go the way of Kramer.....but it would be fun to try. Maybe they can do flashbacks to his younger days...considering he probably has those anyways. He was an acid dropping hippie...right?
    Yes, he actually is playing himself, so his past is he was in the Grass Roots. He does a face interview acknowledging that and he played some good guitar licks on one or two of the shows.

Lower right hand corner.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

He must have some good rock and roll stories to tell...although the Grass Roots were more like The Association than the hard partying Zeppelin or Eagles.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

IMO, the wedding episode won't be nearly as funny in a couple of years when the YouTube counterpart has evaporated from our consciousness. I give the show credit for weaving pop culture into the wedding, but it comes at a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    IMO, the wedding episode won't be nearly as funny in a couple of years when the YouTube counterpart has evaporated from our consciousness. I give the show credit for weaving pop culture into the wedding, but it comes at a cost.
    Or else people will forget about the original and someone will repost it, saying "Look at these people copying 'The Office.'"
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    One would have to totally forget about the youtube video though...but it's referenced in the Office episode. I understand it might not wear well over time...I can see that. But I just don't think people will forget that it was based on a Youtube video either.

"Everyone raise your glasses. Well, everyone except Pam, for obvious reasons."

The Michael Scott inappropriate speeches aren't my favorite thing by any means, but what really pains me to watch is his cruelty to Toby. I get that he dislikes Toby because Toby asks him to behave like a responsible adult; I just don't understand why watching Michael berate him is supposed to be funny. Toby is such a vulnerable character; it's like watching someone shoot Bambi.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

I think it would help if they just toned Michael down a bit, in general.

I know he's supposed to be awkward and inappropriate, but sometimes it feels like they're just reaching in an attempt to keep pushing the envelope with him. They can have awkward Michael moments without some of the cringe-worthy scenes of the past season or two.

Still though, great show. One of the only shows I make sure to watch.

[QUOTE=Chip R;1981909]I liked the first half hour or so. The actual wedding at the church I could have done without. All the dancing and stuff felt so contrived. The marriage on the boat was sweet. The opening was gross but kinda funny - especially with Creed still eating his noodles.
    QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

This is the video of why they were dancing for anyone that hadn't seen it. It's hilarious and the fact they took it for the Office wedding had me rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I think it would help if they just toned Michael down a bit, in general.

I know he's supposed to be awkward and inappropriate, but sometimes it feels like they're just reaching in an attempt to keep pushing the envelope with him. They can have awkward Michael moments without some of the cringe-worthy scenes of the past season or two.

Still though, great show. One of the only shows I make sure to watch.
    I was thinking about this, and the writers have really done a brilliant job in writing Michael's character. For the first few seasons of the show, you really like Michael's character and feel a little bit sorry for him. In the last few years, Michael does many of the same things he did originally, but you see him as a complete jerk. It makes it hard to reconcile the two sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I agree with the Baumer.....some of the characters are like different people. Creed can have his own show...though.
    http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/...p-two/1165074/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I still enjoy watching "The Office"---however, I was disappointed with the wedding episode....I seem to be in the minority, but I am disliking Andy more and more.....the "youtube" wedding was disappointing and Michael Scott is also becoming way too uncomfortable for me. I agree with a point I heard on the "Opie and Anthony" show of all places---the British "Michael Scott" is just a jerk; somewhat believable as a boss---where as the American version has become borderline mentally disturbed in his actions....

Dumbest. Episode. Ever.

The whole insurance guy is a mobster angle was just stupid, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Yeah, I guess hoping they were going to focus on the office this season was wishful thinking.

Andy saying "Your spark tubes are leaking" was funny though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I agree. Pretty weak. It was hard for me to put down my son's Jr. High science book while reading about the atmosphere for this one.

Turn Off Ads?